After all said and done, 2017 is here. One of the things you won’t take for granted again this year is your comfort. It is evident that the more relaxed you are, the more productive you will be. All this can be achieved when you learn to use the best type of air mattress.
Without a doubt, an air mattress is the best type of investment you can make as far as your comfort and relaxation are the primary focus.
Additionally, if you love good health “without the pills,” the air mattress is one of the best ways you can achieve that.
Ensure that part of your New Year resolution is to add one of these comfort mattresses into your home.
Quality relaxation affects every part of your life, and that’s what these mattresses are so important.
When you use them, you will experience a good sleep which is one of the key elements for a healthy life and a greater level of happiness.
You don’t have to break a bank to get them. In fact, to make it easier for you, we have collected the best ten air mattresses for 2017 so you can easily choose the one that satisfies your need and your budget.
Our guide is written in a very simple way to help you cut through the noise and get only the best.
- What Can You Use Air Mattress For?
- Benefits of Air Mattress
- 10 Best Cheap Air Mattress for Sale
- 1. SoundAsleep Dream Series Queen Size Air Mattress Review
- 2. Intex Pillow Rest Queen Air Mattress
- 3. Fox Air Beds Plush High Rise King-Size Air Mattress
- 4. Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump (Twin Air Bed)
- 5. AeroBed Air Mattress for Kids
- 6. Therm-A-Rest Basecamp Camping Air Mattress
- 7. ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Mattress
- 8. Coleman Double-High Quickbed Inflatable Air Mattress
- 9. Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person PVC-Free Air Bed Durable Air Mattress
- 10. InstaBed EZ Bed Self-Inflating Air Mattress
What Can You Use Air Mattress For?
There are so many uses of air mattress depending on your need than regular beds. You can get one of them for your comfort and use it on multiple occasions.
The important thing when you want to get one of these mattresses is to know the purpose you want it to serve.
An air mattress can be used as your:
- Main Bed
- Guest Bed
- In a Car or SUV
- Camp Bed
In fact, you need them anytime you need comfort and uninterrupted relaxation. These mattresses are better than your conventional mattresses.
They are so soft and don’t give you pain just like some mattresses do.
Benefits of Air Mattress
Air Mattress has so many advantages. When you get them, you will wonder how you were ever able to sleep without one of them before now.
Some of the benefits of these mattresses include:
Back Pain: These cute mattresses are designed to help you with your back pain. It allows those with back problems and other types of the body or joint pains to adjust the firmness.
Custom Firmness: These mattresses allow for custom firmness especially when you use them as a permanent or primary bed. You can easily set as firm or soft as you like. You can as well add more air for a durable finish or just reduce for a plush and soft surface.
No Sagging: Air mattresses are designed not to sag, unlike your conventional mattresses that sag after some months of usage thereby causing back pain.
Odor-Free: The mattresses are made from PVC material thus ensuring that they are odor-free
10 Best Cheap Air Mattress for Sale
Now you’ve known the benefits of air mattresses and how you can use them, let’s take a look at the best ones you can get for you and your family:
1. SoundAsleep Dream Series Queen Size Air Mattress Review
- ComfortCoil Technology showcases industry leading design with 40 internal air coils for added durability and support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep!
- Patented 1-click internal pump for easy and fast inflation / deflation. The Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 4 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily. The air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives
- Queen Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 78" x 58" x 19" - Raised "Double-height" air bed with dual chamber construction. "Sure-Grip" bottom prevents bed from unwanted sliding
- Extra thick, waterproof flocked top for added comfort and durability with multilayer, puncture-resistant material. Carry bag included for easy transport!
- SoundAsleep's consumer friendly 1-year guarantee. Call or email any time for support
SoundAsleep is the best queen air mattress at the moment. That is the mattress you need if you want to give your overnight guests a comfortable night rest he won’t forget in a hurry.
It inflates and deflates within just 4 minutes.
It comes with a built-in pump which you can use to toggle for inflation or deflation in just one-click. Dream Series no doubt, is one of the cheap air mattresses for sale you can get this year if you care about your comfort or that of your guests.
Overall, the mattress weighs 20pounds and measures 12×24 inches.
The material is durable and odor-free.
The top of the mattress is waterproof. No need to worry about the air, it holds up well over time.
The bed is very close to actual queen size bed at 58 by 78 inches. It is 19 inches high.
According to SoundAsleep (the manufacturer), Dream Series Air Mattress are best suited for indoor, and as short-term or occasional usage for guests. However, the bed is not recommended for outdoors or as a dedicated bed.
- Very Comfortable
- Easy to inflate and deflate (within 4 minutes)
- Comes with carry bag
It swell unevenly in some occasion
2. Intex Pillow Rest Queen Air Mattress
- Queen Air Bed
- Provides durability for a space to sleep
- Queen bed has blue downy finish
- Material: Polyresin and vinyl
- Dimensions: 62 by 80 by 18.5 inches
When you want to buy a mattress, there are two factors that you must consider; your need and your budget.
Fortunately, Intex Pillow Rest Queen Air Mattress is one unique air mattress that is both quality and affordable.
It is one of the cheapest air mattresses you can buy at the unbeatable price.
The mattress is raised 16.5 inches from the floor and comes with a waterproof flocked top with double-layered wave beam interior construction.
Another highlight of this mattress is that it comes with a built-in pillow for added comfort.
Just like Dream Series mattress, this bed can as well be inflated and deflated within 4 minutes using high-powered, built-in electric pump.
Intex Pillow Rest Queen Air Mattress is a queen-sized air bed, and it measures 60 by 80 inches – the same dimensions as your usual queen mattress.
- Very affordable
- Comes with carry bag for convenience
- Inflates and deflates within 4 minutes
- Can lose air after an extended use
3. Fox Air Beds Plush High Rise King-Size Air Mattress
Fox Air Beds Plush High Rise is a very modern air mattress especially for those who desire comfort while moving or when traveling and don’t want to miss out on the comfort and convenience of resting on a comfortable mattress.
The mattress measures 80 by 76 inches which makes it vast and can comfortably accommodate both husband and wife with room left for kids or pets.
You will love the way this king-sized air mattress inflates and deflates very quickly with a twist of a dial and hand-pump option.
If you are looking for a king size air mattress to help you with your back pain when traveling or moving, we recommend that you get this bed, you won’t regret it.
- Very Comfortable
- Pillow Top Air-Flow Chambers
- 43% Thicker Vinyl
- Built-In Two-Way Pump
- Inflate with Built-In or External Pumps
- Deluxe Release Valve
4. Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump (Twin Air Bed)
- Integrated NeverFlat pump technology: select desired comfort level, engage primary pump, and it shuts-off automatically at your chosen setting.
- Senors continuously monitor air pressure throughout the night, and a silent secondary pump engages automatically to maintain consistent firmness and comfort
- Raised 18" height makes getting in and out of bed easier
- Circular coil construction with vertical and horizontal reinforcement provides proven support and comfort
- Carry bag and repair kit included
One common problem with buying air mattress is that they tend to lose air while you are on top sleeping. Most customers have complained about this problem with other products but not with Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump.
This mattress is built to solve the loss of air problem.
It comes with state-of-art intelligent dual pump system which senses when the mattress is deflating and quickly adds air to maintain the air pressure to your preferred firmness level.
The mattress is very durable; it is built to last for a very long time without losing the high-level of comfort it provides.
The manufacturers made the bed with a thick construction that resists punctures, so you won’t have to worry about your kids destroying your mattress.
You can easily inflate and deflate it and folds for storage in the included bag.
Because of the mattress big size, your regular sheet may not fit properly; you will have to buy twin bed sheets.
- 3 Firmness Setting
- Excellent customer (long-term) support
- Maintains firmness while you sleep
- Inflate loss air automatically
- Comes with storage bag
- Requires expensive twin bed sheets
5. AeroBed Air Mattress for Kids
- Inflatable mattress for kids 4 years and older with 50 x 25-inch sleep surface
- Heavy-duty PVC construction with electronically welded seams
- 4-inch-high surround safety cushion helps keep children from rolling off the mattress
- Thick, washable fitted mattress pad with star and moon design
- Included AC pump inflates the bed in under a minute
What is good for the goose is good for gender, if you want to get your kids a lovely air mattress they will be crazy about so that they can leave you alone to enjoy yours, we recommend that you get AeroBed Mattress for Kids for them.
This mattress was designed with kids in mind; it is a bit smaller than a standard twin and comes with raised bumpers to keep your kids from falling off the mattress while sleeping.
This mattress is best recommended for kids aged 4 and above. However, you can still use it with toddlers.
You can easily inflate and deflate the bed within 15 seconds using the handheld electric pump.
The sleep surface of this bed measured 50 by 25 inches and constructed of heavy-duty PVC with electronically welded seams.
Since this twin air mattress is designed for kids, the manufacturers ensure it comes with thick, washable, fitted mattress pad with star and moon design to make it extremely attractive to kids.
- Perfect for kids
- Twin size
- You may need to add after some period of use
6. Therm-A-Rest Basecamp Camping Air Mattress
- Plush Fabrics: Light, soft fabrics make this sleeping pad exceptionally comfortable.
- Thick: 2-inch (5 cm) thickness provides a high level of warmth and support for four season use.
- Self-Inflating: Compressible foam core expands when sleeping pad is unpacked for easy self-inflation
- Durable: Sturdy, classic design provides an outstanding value.
- Dimensions: (R) 20"x72"x2" / (L) 25"x77"x2" / (XL) 30"x77"x2"
The air mattress is the best type of mattress you can use for camping if you don’t want to miss out on the comfort and convenience you use to enjoy at home.
Therm-A-Rest Basecamp is designed for campers that cherish comfort.
It is a lightweight self-inflating sleep pad that is very durable and comes in three sizes – You can choose from regular, large, and extra-large depending on your choice.
Therm-A-Rest Basecamp provides a surprising useful cushion against the hard ground.
It is as well designed to help insulate you from the cold.
The mattress is lightweight which means you won’t have a problem carrying it about during your camping period. It is easily compressible which is one of the reasons campers love its compact footprint.
Therm-A-Rest Basecamp is made for outdoor use; it is designed for comfort and yet very sturdy and durable.
It is produced from tough, 75-denier polyester with a foam core which can withstand even the most rigorous outdoor use. The mattress is manufactured in the United States.
- Extremely comfortable
- Insulate against cold while camping
- Very durable and sturdy
- Comes with lifetime warranty
- It could take a bit getting used to
7. ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Mattress
- Brushed suede-like top and thicker pillow section gives you maximum comfort
- Polyester bottom fabric with anti-slip dots prevents you from sliding around
- Double brass non-corrosive valve for maximum durability
- Jet stream wave foam quickly inflates/deflates and rolls up compactly - stuff sack and repair kit included
- The ALPS Mountaineering Comfort Series Air Pad is on our best sellers list; you won't be disappointed
ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed is a multipurpose model that you can use both indoors and outdoors; you can as well get it in both twin and queen size.
This bed is best suited for camping.
However, it has the elegance and luxury of being used as an in-home mattress.
The bed comes with an external rechargeable pump with car charger and wall charger included. You can easily fit the bed into most tents if you want to use it for camping; it comes with a carry bag too.
The bed inflates quickly, and the top is made very soft to add extra comfort and helps prevent sliding around.
You can use this mattress for life; it is made from industry leading thick and durable PVC which makes it withstand most harsh condition during camping.
The air bed bottom and side fabric are 17% thicker than the leading competition, and the top is 10% thicker.
- Perfect for camping
- Inflates quickly
- Comes with a carry bag
- Durable and sturdy
- May take a bit getting used to
8. Coleman Double-High Quickbed Inflatable Air Mattress
- 3 layers to keep bed square and more like a home mattress
- Removable pillow top for extra comfort
- Airtight System with Double Lock Valve so your mattress stays inflated
- Built-in electric pump for convenience
- Zippered carry/storage bag included
- Location, temperature, and humidity will affect the firmness of the airbed. Airbeds will need to be occasionally re-inflated (topped off) to maintain desired firmness upon initial use and when used for more than a few days as material tends to relax over time.
If you love air mattresses, then you must ensure you experience the use of Coleman Double-High Quickbed at least once in your life. You will forever cherish the experience you will get by using this mattress.
Without a doubt, this bed is an excellent choice for most needs and uses.
Once fully inflated, it is 18 inches high; Coleman Double-High Quickbed is taller than most conventional models. The very tall size of this mattress creates a sturdier sleeping experience.
Coleman Double-High Quickbed has a velvety top layer; you can use standard sheets on the mattress, though we recommend you get one of those deep-pocket sheets.
You can make sure you are warm enough while on this bed by adding sheets or a foam layer to the top since the mattress remains relatively calm through the night. Coleman Double-High Quickbed comes in both twin and queen sizes.
The height of this bed is designed to help individuals with back or hip pain that may be experiencing problems getting up and down from lower-height beds and chairs.
- Very tall at 18 inches high
- Standard sheets fit the bed
- Easy to get on and off
- Comes with storage unit
- Has a plush top layer that prevents the sleeper from slipping
- Very comfortable
- No pump included
9. Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person PVC-Free Air Bed Durable Air Mattress
- Sleep better on this two-person Phthalate and PVC-Free air bed; adjust firmness thanks to the two-way Boston valve and patented stabilizer system
- Superior durability from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) material construction that packs up small and lightweight
- Fits standard queen sized sheets; measures 79 x 55 x 6.25 inches (LxWxH); packed size: 18.4 x 9.2 inches; (LxW); weighs 6 pounds
- This PVC-free air mattress is more temperature stable, abrasion resistant, and is more durable than regular PVC air beds
- Comes with battery operated pump and an oversized storage bag (batteries not included)
Most twin size air mattress manufacturer claims they produce durable mattress which always turns out not to be the case.
However, this is different with Lightspeed Outdoor 2 Persons PVC-Free Air Bed; this bed is designed to provide affordable and comfortable sleeping solutions to campers.
The bed is very durable and produced from superior durability from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) material construction that packs up small and lightweight.
Lightspeed Outdoors is designed for 2 persons. You can as well serve it to your guest when they visit you at home.
The bed is designed to provide painless and fast sleeping solution during emergency traveling.
It boasts of a patented stabilizer system that uses 192 separate connectors in between the bottom and top layers; this technology allows you to adjust the level of firmness to your preferred range evenly.
The bed is lightweight; you can easily carry it about while you are outdoors.
- Durable and sturdy
- Comes with patented stabilizer mechanism that allows for variable firmness
- It fits queen size bed sheets
- Free of phthalate and PVC
- It can support the weight of two bulky individuals
- Comes with a carry bag
- Excellent customer support
- Some users complain air loss because of the two-way valve not closing completely.
10. InstaBed EZ Bed Self-Inflating Air Mattress
- Material: Waterproof 190T polyester. Color : Navy blue.
- Functions :Autoinflation,Portable, Folded. Size Type: Suit for Single People.
- Come with a Built-in inflatable pillow (manual inflating required). Rolls up with a carrying bag for easy transport and storage.
- Perfect for Camping, climbing,hiking, climbing, camping, hunting,backpacking , trekking, traveling and picnic.
- Easy to operate it.No instruction is included. Can be joined together to make a double-sized mattress if you order one more.
If you are looking for a self-inflating air mattress that guarantees comfortable sleep, you must get InstaBed EZ Bed Air Mattress.
This bed is designed to self-inflate as well as deflate. One of the highlights of this bed is that it offers very easy and super fast setup.
Open it up, plug it and turn it on – everything you need to do.
This mattress provides not only comfortable and good night rest but also provides minimal motion transfer from sleeping partners; this is indeed a significant advantage that you don’t see on other air mattresses.
InstaBed EZ Bed Air Mattress comes with a feature is known as “NeverFlat” pump which continuously monitors the air pressure in the mattress and re-inflates it periodically to retain the firmness level.
- Very Comfortable
- Self-inflating and deflating
- Excellent motion transfer
- Good customer support
Have you ever tried any air mattress? What is the difference between sleeping on one of them and regular mattress?
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.