Burgers… Ribs… Steaks… Mouth filling up with saliva yet? Good! That means that you belong to the group of people which cherish rich flavors and tastes. In this article, we’re going to focus on the electric grill, since they are the most convenient way to prepare a delicious meal quickly.
Make no mistake, nothing can replace the good old charcoal or even gas barbecue, but since there are many restrictions in residence areas concerning smoke and open fire, the electric grills rush in to save the day. They are a faster, cleaner and often cheaper way of getting your grilled food.
For example, with an electric grill, one does not have to worry about getting charcoal and becoming extremely dirty, or lugging around a big gas tank. Usually, the electric grills are much more compact and can be used indoors as well, with extra caution concerning the smoke.
They are much easier to clean as well because it usually requires just a few wipes and perhaps a bit of brushing, and some parts may go in the dishwasher too. The only drawback we can find is the lack of the “smoky quality” grilled food gets from charcoal or gas grills. If you are willing to make that compromise, then here are the ten best electric grills available on the market today.
- 10 Best Electric Grills For Sale In 2017
- 1. George Foreman GRP1060B 4 Serving Removable Plate Grill
- 2. George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- 3. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- 4. T-fal GC702 OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill
- 5. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- 6. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
- 7. George Foreman GRP4800R Multi-Plate Evolve Grill
- 8. Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill
- 9. Hamilton Beach 38546 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle
- 10. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
10 Best Electric Grills For Sale In 2017
1. George Foreman GRP1060B 4 Serving Removable Plate Grill
- Cook up to 4 servings at once. Size-23 oz
- Cook meals in just 10 minutes
- 2 times more durable coating
Let’s start the list off with a simple and cheap option. This electric grill comes with a 60 square inch grilling plate, which could hold up to 4 burgers or chicken steaks. The advanced non-stick coating means that the prepared food will contain less fat, so it will be healthier since less oil or butter is required.
The lower plate is slightly sloped, so the excess fat does not get consumed by the food that is being grilled but drips off in the cleverly designed drip tray.
Keeping up with the “clever” theme, we find the adjustable hinge that holds the both plates together. Namely, due to the adjustable hinge, the grill cover can adjust to the thickness of the food, so that the heat is distributed more evenly. Both plates are removable and dishwasher safe, so cleaning the grill could not be easier.
This is perhaps one of the most affordable electric grills out there, where you get a lot for your money. It even comes with a three-year limited warranty.
2. George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- 15+ Servings - It's tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for...
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it's durable, easy to clean, and removes...
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Don't let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes...
The second representative from George Foreman could very well be even more awesome than the previous one. Here we have an electric grill which can be used both indoors and outdoors so that you can enjoy your home grilled meals, even when it’s snowy outside.
The grill has a stand so you can use it on the balcony. Otherwise, you can use it just safely without the stand, directly on the tabletop. The heating plate is quite generous, offering space for over 15 servings of meat, veggies, kabobs, etc. Use the domed lid to savor the taste, especially if you’re cooking meat and vegetables.
There is an adjustable temperature control which lets you choose the optimal cooking temperature for the specific meal you are preparing. Once again we find the patented slope design of the plate which reduces fat accumulation, and the drip tray which collects the excess fat and grease.
The price for this electric grill is quite reasonable, especially when we consider all of the benefits it offers – the number of servings and also the possibility to be used indoors and outdoors. This one also comes with the three-year limited warranty.
3. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food
- Removable and reversible nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking; integrated drip tray
This is by far the most popular electric grill available on the market today. What makes it particularly attractive is its multifunctional character. It can be used as a contact grill, Panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. Incredible right?
It has somewhat retro looks and is built quite sturdily.
The non-sticking cooking plates can be removed for maintenance and cleaning, in a matter of seconds. Be careful to give them time to cool off, though. On the front side, we see the three dials which control the operating mode and the temperature.
You can fully open the cover and use the appliance as a full grill, full griddle or a combination of both. If you close the cover, you can use it as a contact grill or a Panini press. The hinged floating cover makes sure that the top side of the food is cooked evenly.
Thanks to its multifunctional nature, the quality build and reasonable price, it is easy to see why this is one of the most popular electric grills out there.
4. T-fal GC702 OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill
- First electric indoor grill that cooks by adapting its grilling cycles to the thickness of the foods
- 6 automatic cooking programs for Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat and Fish
- Easy monitoring of the cooking process with its preheating/ready indicator lights and audible beeps for rare, medium, and...
Now, this is where intelligent solutions meet grilling. The T-fal OptiGrill shows off with its Precision Grilling Technology. What does it mean, though? Well, according to the manufacturer, the OptiGrill uses sensors to detect the number of items on the surface. Then, it automatically adjusts the temperature according to the size and thickness of the food on the plates.
By using the direct monitoring and high-precision cooking technology, the OptiGrill informs you through audible and visual cues when the meat is prepared just the way you like it – rare, medium or well-done.
The high-tech grill comes with six predefined cooking programs: burgers, poultry, sandwiches, sausage and pork, red meat and fish. It also has two cooking modes: one for frozen food, and a manual mode.
It is very easy to clean, due to the removable grilling plates and drip tray, which can be washed in the dishwasher.
The price is a bit steep, but it’s probably not a surprise because it is natural that the manufacturer would like to charge a bit extra for the implemented intelligent solutions in this electric grill.
5. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- Distributes heat evenly for the best results due to the fully embedded grill plate heating element.
- Improves cooking to keep food juicy with the tempered glass lid. It can also keep already grilled food warm.
- Make a meal for the whole family with the large cooking surface.
Sleek, elegant and stylish. This is how we describe the Delonghi BG24 Perfecto. It offers a generous cooking surface which can distribute the heat evenly, thanks to the fully embedded grill plate heating element.
Keep your food juicy and rich in flavor, by using the tempered glass lid. When done with cooking, use the lid to keep your food warm. You can use the thermostat to set the temperature according to your preference.
When you are finished using the electric grill for cooking, simply wipe the non-stick cooking surface and remove and clean the dishwasher friendly drip pan.
It is fairly small, lightweight, portable, stylish, capable, and has an affordable price tag. If you are looking for a simple, good-looking electric grill, look no further.
6. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
- 320 square inches of grilling surface area or 8 to 12 hamburger capacity
- Electric TRU-Infrared cooking system allows you to cook your food evenly with less flare-ups - juicier food, every time
- Porcelain-coated premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
Here we have an electric grill that shamelessly bares the resemblance to its charcoal and gas-powered siblings. Big, slightly cumbersome, good looking and pretty much a jewel to possess, if you have big enough balcony or a patio. The cooking surfaces are coated with porcelain, which ensures that nothing sticks to them, and are also rust resistant.
There is the main cooking surface, and a small raised one, so depending on the size of the burgers, between 8 and 12 burgers can be grilled at the same time.
The temperature gauge on the lid quickly lets you know the status of the grill’s temperature, and if you should modify it in some way.
The highlight of this electric grill is the TRU-Infrared cooking system. This means that the grill generates a minimum of 65% infrared heat and spreads it evenly across the entire cooking surface.
This is nothing new since every grill does pretty much the same thing. What is different about the TRU-Infrared cooking system is the way the air circulates and through the food, successfully retaining the natural juices and flavors, and avoiding drying.
The price is a bit steep if we take the other list members into consideration, but unlike any other, this one looks and feels like a good old charcoal barbecue grill. One must have the dimensions and weight in mind, especially if the grill is to be used indoors or on a balcony.
7. George Foreman GRP4800R Multi-Plate Evolve Grill
- Evolve 4-in-1 Versatility- Grill, Panini Press, Bake Dish, Muffin Pan. The Evolve is designed for maximum cooking...
- Adjustable Cooking Angle - Use the slope or set it flat. You can drain excess fat from meat using the classic sloped grilling...
- Adjustable Hinge- The 1-inch adjustable hinge accommodates everything from thick cuts of meat to thin-cut vegetables. You can...
The last representative from George Foreman on this list has many aces up its sleeve. This multifunctional electric grill can be used as a contact grill, Panini press, bake dish or even a muffin pan.
If you order additional plates, you can even make waffles, among other things! The digital control panel displays the cooking time and temperature so that you’re always in control. There is also a “Sear” button that cranks up the heat to 500o, resulting in caramelized crust on the meat. On this particular grill, the angle of the cooking plate can be manually adjusted.
That means that you can slope it when you are grilling meat, so that the excess fat drips into the drip pan, or level it flat when you are preparing muffins or waffles. All of the plates are easily removable and dishwasher safe, so maintenance is not a cumbersome task.
This electric grill has a price a bit high on the affordability scale, but its multifunctional nature and three-year limited warranty are here to justify it.
8. Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill
- Indoor Grill that delivers Outdoor Grill Results
- High Heat Searing Capability
- Adjustable Temperature Control
Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, borderline boring looks… But alas, who cares, as long as it gets the job done? And this electric grill does get the job done. It has a small footprint, so grilling takes place on top of your kitchen counter. The dial on the front panel regulates the temperature and activates the high heat searing function. Once you have prepared your meal, you can pretty much tear the grill apart and throw everything in the dishwasher, because the drip tray, cooking plate, and removable hood are dishwasher safe.
Once you have prepared your meal, you can pretty much tear the grill apart and throw everything in the dishwasher, because the drip tray, cooking plate, and removable hood are dishwasher safe.
This electric grill comes at a reasonable price and is praised among many customers that don’t look anything fancy but are fans of grilled food.
9. Hamilton Beach 38546 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle
- 2 reversible grids
- 2 cooking areas with adjustable heat
- Double-sided grids offer 3 cooking options
The other member of the Hamilton Beach family on our list is a multifunctional 3-in-1 grill/griddle. Just place it on your countertop, decide what you would like to prepare, and away you go.
The reversible cooking plates offer three cooking combinations: full grill, full griddle or half grill and half griddle. The temperature can be independently adjusted to each side, so you can grill a steak on one side while preparing French toast on the other. Both plates are slightly sloped towards the middle of the grill, so that fat and grease are collected in the drip tray underneath. The non-stick plates and the drip tray are dishwasher safe, so cleaning up is very easy.
Both plates are slightly sloped towards the middle of the grill, so that fat and grease are collected in the drip tray underneath. The non-stick plates and the drip tray are dishwasher safe, so cleaning up is very easy.
This “double agent” comes at a very affordable price, especially if you are not looking anything extraordinary.
10. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- Ideal for grilling steaks, chicken, fish, burgers, and vegetables indoors
- Nonstick grill surface measures 12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches
- Variable heat control; cool-touch handles and housing
Here we have another electric grill that is quite simple both in looks and function. It offers a large grilling surface which is coated so that nothing sticks to it, and also directs the excess oils and fats away from the food and towards the drip pan. The cool-touch handles make repositioning the grill easier, even if it’s still warm.
It is designed with safety as a top priority – it will not heat up unless it is assembled correctly! The large ceramic grilling plate and the drip pan are easily removable from the body, and dishwasher safe, so cleaning the grill would not be a problem.
This electric grill from Zojirushi bears a price tag that is hard to justify. It is not affordable, nor reasonable because it doesn’t offer anything specific that would make it stand out from the competition.
If you are interested in investing in something that will last long and cook delicious food in quick time, consider having one of the above mentioned electroic drill for both indoor and outdoor cooking.