Freedom is what we get when hovering over the streets of a busy city on the best electric skateboard one can only think of. The times when we had to strain our muscles and push the board are long gone. After the years of grueling experiments we can finally enjoy motor skateboards to the fullest.
Fancy design or a long-lasting battery for long-distance commuting to/from work?
Name it and you will have what you long for in one of the best electric skateboards we have collected for you.
- 15 Best Electric Skateboard Reviews 2017
- 1. Maxfind Electric Skateboard
- 2. Pure Energy Motorized Skateboard
- 3. AT Off Road Skateboard
- 4. Genesis Tomahawk Motor Skateboard
- 5. Xtreme Free Powered Skateboard
- 6. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard
- 7. Airwheel M3 Motorized Longboard
- 8. Dynacraft Surge Skateboard
- 9. Benchwheel Dual Power Longboard
- 10. Munkyboards SK-1200BL Electric Longboard
- 11. Swagboard NG-1 Power Longboard
- 12. ACTON Blink Lite Motorized Skateboard
- 13. Altered Fantom Electric Powered Skateboard
- 14. Koowheel Longboard
- 15. Dakott Electronic Longboard
15 Best Electric Skateboard Reviews 2017
Here is a short 10-minute reading that will help you choose your electric skateboard:
1. Maxfind Electric Skateboard
- Shipping from our USA warehouse and FBA, you can get it with 3-5 days.
- Electric Skateboard Product Weight: 5.5 kg (12.1lbs)
- Charge Time: About 60 mins / Class IP65 waterproof
This motor skateboard tops the list as it is one of the best combination of value for money as based on its key characteristics, customer reviews and price.
In fact, it is perfect for relatively short trips as its charge time is 60 minutes.
Such power is guaranteed by Samsung 18650 Lithium-ion battery with 36V capacity. According to the feedbacks, it takes about an hour to get the board fully charged.
Owing to two motors the skateboard produces 360W motor power.
As a result, the evolve electric skateboard can develop the speed of 28 km per hour. In fact, it largely depends on your weigh and road condition.
Also, the motor skateboard goes in a package with a remote controller.
However, you should be aware that there is no charger. So you will have to buy one.
2. Pure Energy Motorized Skateboard
- High-performance electric longboard that is made truly with its intended user's commute in mind.
- Light, portable, and compact. Easily take into work, a class, a coffee shop, or just thrown into the back of a car.
- 21 MPH Top Speed
The dimensions of this electric skateboard are 37 x 9.8 x 5.1 inches. In fact, its size is almist identical to the previous one.
It is for those who intend to carry it everywhere – office, school, university, supermarket and even cinema.
What is more, the motor skateboard is extremely lightweight and can be proudly called the best electric skateboard in this category.
For example, high capacity lithium battery is the reason people buy this motor skateboard. It works like a clock and you will have to charge it only every 18-20 miles.
Only one 1200W motor is responsible for great performance so that you can ride the motor skateboard in the mountains as well.
Its brushless motor allows the electric skateboard to accelerate up to 21mph.
Such maximum speed does not lag behind from the Maxfind motor skateboard.
3. AT Off Road Skateboard
- 0-24 MPH in five second performance!
- WEIGHT is 65 pounds
- 15 MILE range on flats
One of the most-highly priced motor skateboards in the market can boast about having extra powerful braking and controlled RPM downhill riding.
By the way, its full name, All Terrain, speaks about itself.
Here are the reasons why the manufacturers say it is the best electric skateboard in the market.
First, it is water resistant and is the best electric skateboard from this angle. Its battery box is covered with 3m rubber. In order to protect the electronics they used a weather cover plate.
The incredible motor performance of the skateboard reaches 0-24 mph. While the 70 amps of power is the number never seen before on gadgets of this kind.
If the lifetime matters for you, then you will be surprised by 15 mile range on flats. Such an advantage is granted by B&B “industrial grade” batteries. One-year warranty on electronics is another proof that this is a wise choice.
4. Genesis Tomahawk Motor Skateboard
- GO FASTER AND FURTHERTravel at speeds of up to 20 mph for a range of 20 miles per charge depending on riding mode.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE BATTERY! Reliable lithium-ion battery that is easily recharged in 2.5 hours.
- Control your ride! The WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL allows for precise braking and acceleration all from the push of a button.
Average price and love of customers is what grants this motor skateboard good ratings and feedbacks.
On the one side, it is one of the most favorite electric skateboard in the market. Youngsters and adults just love it because of its quality and price.
On the other side, if you happen to have a problem with the hub wheels, Genesis will not replace it.
Also, the positive aspects of the best electric skateboard by Genesis are the following.
First, you will not have to assemble the skateboard on your own. Then, wireless remote control gives you full control of your ride.
What is more, the speed reaches 20 mph which is already a great Indicator.
Also, battery capacity is the same as in the majority of other motor skateboards – 20 miles per charge.
Though, it takes about 2.5 hours to recharge it fully.
5. Xtreme Free Powered Skateboard
- 36'',7-ply Canadian Maple.
- One Charge:20 Miles Riding Distance, Top speed 19.5 Miles/h
- Light Weight:Only 13.9 LBS and can hold 230lbs
This electric skateboard stands near the previous one both regarding price and characteristics.
In fact, its deck is made of 7-ply Canadian Maple. What is more, it is the most reliable and common material of modern motor skateboards. Also note that the skateboard is extremely lightweight.
Xtreme Free is only 13.9 lbs and can carry the weight of up to 230 lbs.
Then, one of the hidden advantages is that this motor skateboard can be used even without batteries.
However, in case need them, it takes about 2 hours to charge 8Ah polymer lithium battery. As to the maximum speed, it depends on the mode you choose.
Notably, fun mode rides at 32 km/h. While 15 km/h is an average speed of the Cruise mode.
If you ride the area where it happens to rain, pay attention that the board itself is waterproof but motor isn’t.
6. Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard
- Kicktail shape ensures you have more control and better steering
- Variable speed control up to 12.5mph with two riding modes
- Up to 18 mile range
Those who have bought is say it is just perfect, even after months of riding. So think carefully before you choose your best electric skateboard.
In particular, it is a great benefit that the motor skateboard has rubber gasket seals. They protect the skateboard from the water.
In fact, the distinctive feature of the electric skateboard is its kicktail shape. It provides good control and better steering during the ride.
Of course, you should not expect to produce max speed specified in the characteristics.
Everything mostly depends on conditions and weather. If these are the idea ones, then just enjoy your ride at 12.5 mph maximum.
By the way, there is an app where you can monitor your battery charge and easily see when it needs a recharge.
7. Airwheel M3 Motorized Longboard
- Experience the excitement of SURFING right outside your door, for anyone, at anytime.
- Expertise in regular skateboarding is a plus but not necessary, everyone can master it right away.
- An optimized skateboarding experience, riders can focus on carving and steering instead of push-kick to keep the longboard...
The seventh in our rating is super stylish Airwheel electric skateboard. Thought, it is a bit cheaper than those you had a look before.
For one thing, the electric skateboard kit consists of M3 parts which you will have to assemble.
There is also charger that you will need to use after every 2 hours of riding. Two remote batteries which is a plus because you will not need to buy an additional one.
You will also find a wireless remote controller.
Finally, there is some less important stuff as an English manual and a guarantee card.
Some say it is the best electric skateboard because it is bidirectional. Just press the necessary button on the remote controller in your hand.
You should be only aware of is that the tires have a tendency to wear off soon.
So think twice where you can buy the new ones.
8. Dynacraft Surge Skateboard
- 6 Miles Per Hour
- Ages 8+ years
- Max Weight 145Pound
The cheapest offer on the list rides at six mph.
What is more, if you are a parent, it’s highly recommend to buy for children over 8. So it can be called the best electric skateboard for those who are just trying to master the art of skate riding.
In addition, the electric skateboard kit includes two batteries which is an obvious plus. It goes without saying that its motor is not as powerful as that of more expensive models. Here it has about 150W.
If you have made up your mind to buy this particular motor skateboard, simply do not expect too much from it.
Though, it will be perfect for children who are just learning.
9. Benchwheel Dual Power Longboard
- Long board format (size: 36 In x 9.4 In x 5.9 In / weight: 15.2 lb)|High-speed PU wheels (78A hardness)|Two custom...
One of the most vivid perks of this motor skateboard is a big battery pack. It deserves the title of best electric skateboard for those who love speed and do not want to sacrifice the charge for that.
In fact, the Benchwheel can boast about quality Samsung batteries with high discharge are excellent for rough trips.The batteries are thermally and chemically stable. It takes 3-4 hours to charge them but as a result you can have a longer and more pleasant ride.
Be aware of its weight which is 22.7 pounds. As for some people, it might seem too heavy.
Additionally, 20 mph is the maximum speed the electric skateboard can produce.
Relatively average price is logical, so this purchase will not be money down the drain.
10. Munkyboards SK-1200BL Electric Longboard
- Top Quality; Top Endurance; Top Performance; Munkyboards Remote Controlled Electric Skateboard
- Power: 1200W 36V, Battery Type: Lithium Ion 15Ah, Wheel Type: All Terrain Rubber, Board Type: Canadian Maple, Bluetooth...
- Max Speed: 28 mph, Ride Time: 70 min, Ride Distance: up to 16 miles, Charging Time: 4-6 hours
Here you can check the features of the most expensive electric skateboard on the list.
Its characteristics say about themselves that it is the best electric skateboard out of those on our list. In fact, if everything was written there is true, the Munkyboard can top our list regarding quality and performance.
If you love the speed, then this electric skateboard is for you. As a matter of fact, it can produce is up to 28 mph.
Also, there is a 1200W; Lithium Ion powered battery with a Bluetooth remote control – what can be better?
What is more, the skateboard can ride without a recharge for 70 minutes. Actually, that is enough to get to work or a gym.
Though, it will take you from 4 to 6 hours to fully recharge it.
Mind that it might be difficult to make sharp turns on the road due to the stance and size of the skateboard.
11. Swagboard NG-1 Power Longboard
- 24V LI-ON FE BATTERY - Allows the boosted board to go up to 11 MPH and up to 10 miles on a single charge
- WIRELESS LED REMOTE - Controls speed, braking, and cruise control and shows speed and battery status
- DURABLE POLYURETHANE WHEELS - Durable, shock-absorbing wheels provide an unbelievably smooth riding experience
As practically every electric skateboard, this one also is made of maple wood deck.
Though, not all of them have a grip tape.
As a matter of fact, the Swagboard possesses one that can secure your comfort and safety on the road. You can ride it from 4 to 10 mile without worrying that the battery can run out.
Note that the Swagboard is particularly good for newbies that do not want to travel at speed more than 11 mph.
However, its performance largely depends on your weight. If it is about 100 pounds, then the batter will live for 30 minutes max.
Therefore, it is the best electric skateboard with a cool performance for lightweight people and children.
- Blink Lite Electric Skateboard^World'S Lightest Electric Skateboard^Portable, Smart, Connected Transportation^Hub Motor For...
Have you ever dreamt about the most lightweight skateboard?
Then, the Action blink is the best electric skateboard for you. Just have a look at its weight – 11.4 pounds. Though, it is not for small children.
In other words, the manufacturers recommend this motor skateboard for everyone over 16. What is more, it does not have any rain protection, so it’s better to avoid riding when it’s raining.
Finally, as to the performance, this motor skateboard has a hub motor for minimal drag and smooth power delivery.
In addition, there is a Bluetooth remote control and an app where you can also monitor the battery.
13. Altered Fantom Electric Powered Skateboard
- 23-in. electric skateboard with durable 7-ply maple deck, concave shape, and kicktail for added control
- Rechargeable 12-volt battery powers a 100-watt motor for up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time
- Patented Exkate T2 Torsion trucks, 80mm x 50mm poured polyurethane wheels, and quiet belt drive system for a smooth, silent...
Another low-cost option among other electric skateboards. Probably, it will not produce fascinating speed, but is that what you really need from this motor skateboard?
What is more, the Altered Fantom 1 has numerous advantages to offer.
For example, it is the best electric skateboard for those who care about safety. In fact, the manufactures recommend it to use by those over 8.
Also, the Altered Fantom.1 has quiet belt ride system that will prevent you from bumpy rides.
In addition, you are in control of acceleration and braking via wireless remote control. All this together ensures maximum comfort, safety and easy riding.
14. Koowheel Longboard
- 1. Convenience: Koowheel electric skateboard takes 15s to replace another battery only when the battery runs out. Get a spare...
- 2.Dual Brushless Hub Motor: Even in high-speed, it could keep sufficient stability and balance to ensure the safety and a...
- 3.Temperature Control Mainboard: the temperature control could reduce the speed of motor slowly to protect the safety of...
Want an extremely stylish and easy to maneuver electric skateboard?
Take a look at the Koowheel. It goes in a multitude of colors for you to choose from.
Still, this motor skateboard is all about convenience.
First, you have a chance to replace the battery when the first runs out. Then, there is a temperature control mainboard.
Also, it is a great benefit as you will be able to see the state of the motor.
Reducing the speed, there will be no overheating. So you can just continue your ride. The manufacturer tried to create the best electric skateboard that can ensure great stability and balance for safe and smooth riding.
Therefore, the motor skateboard has a dual brushless motor for better performance.
15. Dakott Electronic Longboard
- 1200 watt motor, 20 mph top speed, 20 mile range
- 8.8Ah lithium-Ion battery 24V max load 250lbs
- 7 inch aluminum alloy trucks
The next electric skateboard stands near the previous ones regarding characteristics.
Though, its price is higher by $300-$350 than those of the others with similar features. Such value is easy to explain by 8.8Ah lithium ion battery that gives extra power to the motor skateboard.
Also, there is a 120W motor that gives you an opportunity to run at up to 20 mph.
The owners of the Dakott motor skateboard will enjoy a top-notch remote control with extra features. Just have a look at all of them once again and take your time to choose the best electric skateboard for your rides.