A PC gamer does not just spend time looking for the best gaming chair. He also spends time looking for
the best gaming keyboard. A good gamer always takes his choice of game keyboard seriously. Gaming keyboards are the Swiss Army Knife of gaming. Picking the best keyboard can improve your gaming experience. Keyboards are not just for typing; it is an extension of yourself, your medium to the digital world. Think of it like what a katana is a samurai.
Don’t just focus on the keyboard price.
Be careful when choosing a keyboard perfect for gaming. There are many good keyboards out there, but also bad ones with spongy keys.
Mechanical switches is a way to identify a good game keyboard and not silicone membrane switches. Silicone membrane switches feel obsolete and mushy.
Scissor-switch might use silicone membrane and dome switches, but they are more stable. Laptops often use such type of switches. Mechanical keyboards are just the perfect tool for gaming, but they are more expensive than other types of keyboards.
Experienced gamers usually know what makes a game keyboard great, the main differences that exist in each one, and the right one to buy. But for amateurs and some intermediate games spotting a great game keyboard might be overwhelming.
There are a lot of gaming keyboards out there with different features.
To make sure that you don’t go through the dilemma of choosing the right keyboard we have through extensive research come up with a list of the ten best game keyboards in the market.
- 10 Best Cheap Game Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire
- Razer BlackWidow Chroma
- Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical Game Keyboard
- Steel Series Apex M800
- Das Keyboard X40 RGB Keyboard
- Cooler Master Quick Fire RAPID-I
- G.SKILL RIPJaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Hyperx Alloy FPS
- Logitech G105 Backlit Game Keyboard
10 Best Cheap Game Keyboard Reviews
After a comprehensive research of the market, we are finally able to present you the list of top 10 cheap game keyboards.
No matter if you’re passionate about gaming or writing, you can find these keyboards extremely beneficial. Typing will become enjoyable.
Below is the list:
Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum for superior rigidity
- 100% Cherry MX RGB gaming mechanical key switches for ultimate performance. Entire keyboard is programmable to assign a macro to any key
- Multicolor per-key backlighting for virtually unlimited game customization
- 18 G-keys with up to 108 macros for faster gaming. 100% anti-ghosting with 122 key rollover on USB
- Display controller driven fast and fluid for an amazing multicolor light show in a pulsing, waving and cascading array.
- Entire keyboard is programmable to assign a macro to any key
The Corsair K95 RGB is Corsair’s flagship mechanical keyboard. It has set the bar so high, that many other keyboards on the market look like wannabes.
The keycaps on the K95 are made of ABS. They look and feel good.
The wrist rest is detachable, and the rubberized finish is quite comfortable.
The Corsair Vengeance has kept things simple and straightforward when it comes to typing and gaming side of things.
It is outfitted with Cherry MX switches which is either in your standard red, brown, and blue versions.
The asking price for the Vengeance K95 is a bit high, but you will get the best for its high price. It has a set of 18 programmable macros which is more than enough for even the most demanding MMO gamers.
You can also manually program every key on the K59.
The K95 features a robust software – the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE), it has a lot of customization options.
Starters who are new to the mechanical game keyboard industry can get easily overwhelmed, but with practice, they will get the hang of it in no time.
Everything about this keyboard speaks of quality, even the aluminum frame complementing the plastic parts speaks of high quality. The only thing that irritates some people about this keyboard is the fact it has no USB pass-through since it needs two USB ports to function.
Other than this con, the K95 is the best cheap mechanical keyboard. If you are one that is concerned with the keyboard price, then you will get top quality for the price of this keyboard.
Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire
- Corsair's fastest mechanical keyboard, ever
- 100% anti-ghosting and full key rollover on USB / 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches with ultra-fast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g force
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for superior durability / Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps deliver dynamic, vibrant backlighting
- CUE support enables advanced macro and lighting programming for virtually unlimited game customization. Compatibility and System Requirements - PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- Detachable soft-touch wrist rest and dedicated multimedia controls / USB pass-through port for easy connections / Textured and contoured FPS/MOBA keycap sets
The Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire is fully made of the aluminum build. That makes it one of the sturdiest gaming keyboards in the market. The plastic that adorns the back feels good.
The Corsair has a detachable wrist rest with a rubberized texture that is comfortable and helps a lot in typing.
The Corsair K70 uses a software called Corsair Utility Engine (CUE).
This software can be used to program the keyboard to your liking as well as control all the LED functions. This keyboard includes the MX Speed/Silver switches.
That makes the keyboard super-fast and sensitive when it comes to gaming and typing. The switches are a bit noisy when compared to MX Red switches.
But there is no mushiness in typing, and you will get accurate results either you’re gaming or typing. The Corsair K70 assigns music and video controls to special buttons of their unlike other keyboards that attach them to function keys.
There is also a dedicated volume roller, for precise and instant audio control.
One thing that makes this game keyboard for Mac impressive is its backlighting which can boast of 16.8 million colors per key.
The backlighting is fully customizable to any color or effects that may desire.
Razer BlackWidow Chroma
- Multi-Award winning Razer Mechanical Switches - Razer Green Switch with tactile bump and audible click for the best overall gaming performance
- Extreme Durability- Razer mechanical switches are rated up to 80 million keystrokes and come with a 2-year warranty
- Powered by Razer Chroma - Individually programmable backlit keys with 16.8 million color options
- USB 2.0 and Audio pass through for easy cable routing
- 5 additional dedicated macro keys
If you are looking for a mechanical gaming keyboard with a lot of great features, then the Blackwidow fits the bill.
The Razer is in the league of the greats with its Razer Synapse 2.0 software. This software is the best customizable software there is. As compared to the competitors, this software is incredibly simple, responsive and well designed. It sacrifices being as detailed and customizable as some of its competition because of it focuses much on simplicity.
The Razer comes in Razer’s green and orange switches.
The switches have proven to be good when used for typing. As for gaming purposes, the switches will give you the best gaming experience. The mechanical switches have a great 60 million keystroke lifespan.
This keyboard constructed in a high-quality metal which covers the top, giving it an extra layer of protection. The Razer features a USB pass-through.
It also has a pass-through for speaker and microphone which can come pretty handy. The fiber cable is properly braided to ensure maximum security. This game keyboard supports 16.8 million customizable color options, so you can set it to whatever option you like.
The Razer comes with five dedicated macro keys which can be found on the left side. It also supports macro recording on the fly.
Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical Game Keyboard
- World's fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25 percent faster actuation
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million colors ; Cable Length (Power/Charging): 6 ft (1.8 m)
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet without interrupting the game
- 9 programmable G-keys: Create custom game macros to execute complex commands with lightning speed and accuracy
- Dedicated media controls: One-touch control panel for quick access to play, pause, mute, volume and skip
The Orion departs from the industry-standard Cherry MX switches. The new Romer-G switches which the Orion features are not quite different from the Cherry MX switches. The Romer-G is fast and durable.
The switches are also silent, and it registers keystrokes effortlessly.
This keyboard comes packed with nine macro keys, a macro record button, a backlighting button, three profile buttons, media controls and a gaming mode button.
These controls work perfectly. The Logitech Gaming Software is one of the best customizable software in the market. If you install a game, the software will scan your system for such games and automatically set up profiles.
It then allows you to link game-specific commands with the macro keys, or in most cases, let the software do it for you.
Macro recording with this keyboard is a tad easy.
You don’t have to fiddle with any settings or strange keyboard combinations; the process is simple and straightforward.
The Orion features an array of backlighting options. You can either make the whole keyboard one color or give each key its individual color.
The game keyboard is surprisingly made of high quality brushed plastic. It also has 2 detachable wrists rest which provides the much need comfort as you want it. The Orion spark cleverly offers a dock where you can put your phone in case you need to.
Steel Series Apex M800
- Competition-grade mechanical QS1 Switch has a 60 million click lifetime, linear design and smooth feel
- Fastest mechanical keyboard on the market, presses register 25% faster than a traditional mechanical switch
- Low-profile design, quicker key presses, and densely packed keycaps deliver optimal gaming ergonomics with less finger fatigue
- Supports the simultaneous pressing of all keys in game mode in addition to zero ghosting
- 6 Dedicated quick-access macro keys, strategically placed for easy access. One-touch control over media, volume and brightness with F keys. Tactile bumps on the W-key help provide a fast return to WASD
- Swappable rubber feet so you can adjust the keyboard's angle to fit your needs
- Detailed customization and control over Apex M800 with Steel Series Engine. All keys are individually programmable to any keyboard, mouse or media key. Or rebind them to launch an application or macro
The Apex M800 stands out from the competition with its backlighting feature.
This keyboard departs from the standard backlighting features you will find in other keyboards.
It offers 16.8 million colors; each key can be customized to have its individual illumination. Aside from the custom designs, it comes with a handful of pre-set light effects including Reactive Keys, Breathe, Cooldown and Color Wave.
The M800 is not just about aesthetics, it has dual processors, with one CPU dedicated solely to key presses.
That effectively stops any ghosting issues giving any gamer the edge he/she needs.
This keyboard includes the QS1 switch which provides a smooth linear action. The actuation is 25 percent faster than standard mechanical switches.
This keyboard comes with the Steel Series Engine 3 software. If you ignore the old interface design of the software, you will find that it is easy to access and it has great features.
The M800 has a plastic construction which is different from an aluminum oriented industry.
The Apex M800 has included 2 USB 2.0 ports and a set of macro keys which can be programmed through the M800’s software.
Das Keyboard X40 RGB Keyboard
- "The Best Gaming Keyboards of 2017" - PC Magazine
- "Editor's Choice Award" 98% rating - Tweaktown
- "Excellent" - PC Magazine
- Mechanical gaming switches with 60 million actuations and a 1.7mm point of actuation for pro gaming grade durability and speed
- Red LED backlighting to help dilate the eyes, improve vision, and lessen eye strain while gaming in the dark
- USB, Microphone, and Headphone jacks to conveniently connect a headset, storage device, or anything else that makes a gaming setup more comfortable to use.
- Permanent full n-key rollover (NKRO) with absolute anti-ghosting multi-key press capability
The Das keyboard might not be a very popular game keyboard, but it is one of the best keyboards in the market.
The construction is a combination of aluminum and plastic which gives it a solid build quality.
The keyboard features a USB pass through as well as an audio pass through. It also comes with a thick braided cable which can make your typing experience more enjoyable.
One unique thing about this game keyboard is that it does not require any software to be controlled, the keyboard can control all the features.
Although if you want to have proper control over things like recording macros and doing some other customization, you make use of the software. The software is pretty simple and straightforward.
The Das X40 uses Alpha Zulu switches and not the standard Cherry MX switches. One good thing about this switches is that they use a lower actuation point of 1.7mm instead of the normal 2.0mm.
That means that these switches are faster than the conventional switches you find in other keyboards.
This keyboard is a joy to have for gamers and those that want to use it for typing.
Cooler Master Quick Fire RAPID-I
- Fully Mechanical CHERRY MX Brown Keyswitches - Satisfying, Tactile Feedback with Low Noise Made for Gaming
- Ten keyless Form Factor - A compact, ergonomic design makes it easy for travel and allows you to keep your mouse arm closer to your body for enhanced comfort
- Fully White LED Backlit - Total Illumination for Complete Visibility in Low-Light Environments
- ActivLite Technology - Instant Response and trailing light effects, powered by a 32-bit ARM processor
- Individual Key Lighting - Save up to 4 different lighting profiles for different games or usages
- 1.8m Detachable Braided Cable
- N-Key Rollover - Registers an unlimited amount of simultaneous keypresses
This keyboard is the best gaming keyboard under 100 dollars. The Cooler Master has a great build quality. It is constructed of plastic, but that doesn’t mean it is susceptible to damage.
The materials ate sturdy. The Cooler Master comes in Cherry MX red, brown and blue switches.
It only uses white LED so that you won’t be confused by any combination of other colors. The keyboard comes in ABS Keycaps.
You also get a detachable braided cable that allows you to fix things when there is cable failure easily. It’s portable and can be put in tight spaces, or your backpack. The Cooler Master entirely ditched the use of software to offer customization.
All the features that can be programed or used are readily available from the game keyboard itself.
Though this makes things complicated, the good thing is that you can do some quick and easy customizations of the features stored on the keyboard without a hassle.
G.SKILL RIPJaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- CHERRY MX - Is the leading switch manufacture because of their high standards of quality, reliability, and durability.
- INCREASED TYPING SPEED - The Cherry MX Brown switches increase typing speed with its lightweight key press and strong tactile feedback.
- DEDICATED MEDIA KEYS - Control your media easily with dedicated keys and impress with the digital LED volume display.
- MACRO KEYS - Switch between 3 on-board profiles, use 6 additional dedicated macros keys, and record macros on the fly.
- Motherboard RGB Compatibility - pair your keyboard colors with your motherboard with MSI Mystic Light Sync and Gigabyte RGB Fusion.
The G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB is one of the best mechanical keyboards in the market. This keyboard has Cherry MX Switches.
If you are a fan of the RGB colors, you can either get the Cherry MX Red, MX Blue or MX Brown variants. Well, if you are not into RGB colors, save yourself some money and purchase the non-RGB variant.
No matter which Cherry MX switch you settle for, the switches can withstand 50 million keystrokes.
The RGB lighting comes with 16.8 million colors to choose from. The KM780 has NKRO and anti-ghosting features. That means that many keys can be held and pressed and they’ll all be registered.
The KM780 comes packed with a wrist rest, a key puller that will in handy for cleaning your game keyboard, and an additional 10 gaming keycaps.
You can easily customize the macros and keystrokes with the software.
This will slightly boost you in the games and typing. This keyboard has individual media keys on the right-hand side, six dedicated macro keys, a live volume LED slider and three programmable profiles which can be used to control your music.
Hyperx Alloy FPS
- Compact design ideal for FPS gameplay. Solid-steel frame.
- Ultra-portable design with detachable cable.
- Cherry MX Blue mechanical keys, Convenient USB charge port
- Game mode, 100-percent anti-ghosting and full N-key rollover functions.
- HyperX red backlit keys with dynamic lighting effects. Additional Colored, textured keycaps for FPS gameplay.
The HyperX Alloy is a compact game keyboard that is aimed at FPS gamers. The keyboard comes with Cherry MX Blue switches.
An actuation distance of 2.2mm and the sound is pleasing to the ears. The HyperX Alloy’s front-panel is constructed of metal.
This allows you to bash keys without fear of any keyboard flex. The HyperX Alloy has a tremendous build quality that makes it stand out from the competition. This keyboard features red backlit keys that can be easily customized through the keyboard; no software is required, just plug and play.
The HyperX Alloy comes fully packed with a dedicated number pad, a key puller for cleaning the keyboard, media keys, 2 USB ports and WASD key caps.
Logitech G105 Backlit Game Keyboard
- Long-life blue LED backlighting: Select from two brightness levels to easily see keys in the dark
- 6 programmable G-keys: Configure up to 18 unique functions per game, including single key presses, complex macros or intricate Lua scripts* (*Requires software installation)
- Multi-key input: Press up to five keys at once to perform multiple complex actions without interference or ghosting
- Game/desktop switch: Disables the Windows/Context Menu keys to prevent accidental game interruptions
- Made for PC gaming: Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista
If you are searching for the best gaming keyboard under 50 dollars, then Logitech G105 is a perfect choice. For adequate flexibility, it features 6 programmable G-keys along with a multi-key input.
This keyboard is a bit smaller than other keyboards in this list, but it has a sturdy build. It provides software that allows you to customize individual keystrokes, program the macro keys and set up key profiles for different games.
That is the best cheap mechanical keyboard in this list, but that doesn’t mean it sacrifices quality for the price.
Gamers will have a good gaming experience with this game keyboard.
Done deciding on what gaming keyboard to buy? You might also consider buying other add-ons such as
a wireless gaming mouse, headphone, and a wifi extender. You can find them all here at a very reasonable price.