Music is always an important element of our lives. There is not a single person on this planet who does not listen to music and have favorite songs or artists. We listen to music when we are happy, we listen to a song when we are sad. Studies have shown that listening to music since childhood has a great contribution in developing the cognitive abilities. And because children tend to be distracted very easily, the headphones for kids appeared on the market as a great device for capturing their attention.
- 10 Best Headphones For Kids Reviews
- 1. LilGadgets Connect+ Premium Headphones
- 2. BuddyPhones Kids Headphones from Onanoff
- 3. Play+ Kids Headphones by Snug
- 4. Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for Kids
- 5. Puro Sound Labs Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- Last 5 Best Headphones For Kids
10 Best Headphones For Kids Reviews
Creating the list of the best headphones for kids was a challenging task for us. When it comes to children, you always have to be very careful. They are very sensitive, and because their abilities are under development, we tried to pick the best of the best. Therefore, we evaluated first the manufacturer’s reputation.
Furthermore, we took into consideration the sound quality the headphones for kids we selected produce. We also considered how well they are designed and how the kids will benefit from using these products. Another decisive factor was the buyers’ reviews and comments. They made our choice a lot easier, and so we are confident that we made the best choices.
All these being said, we created the below the top of 10 best headphones for kids highlighting their best features and how we consider they will help their users.
1. LilGadgets Connect+ Premium Headphones
- SharePort: No need for a splitter! 1 side of the Connect+ plugs into the device and the other can have another headphone plug into it to share audio!
- Includes: Microfiber carrying pouch and detachable 52" nylon covered audio cable to allow for greater range between your children and their device.
- Volume Limited with Adult Worthy, Quality Audio: The max volume is set at 93db with internal 40mm drivers and a range of 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Comfort and function: Sized for children, padded for children, light for children, and durable for children (recommended for ages 2-8)
- For the Kids: A portion of each purchase goes towards bullying prevention in schools and minimizing the environmental impact of your purchase
Any kid from 2 to 8 years old will love these headphones.
Your kid will most definitely like the SharePort feature that allows him to share music with his buddies. For Holiday season or your kid’s birthday, this product will be his preferred gift.
It does not need an audio splitter to share music. This represents an innovation on the headphones for kids market. Connect+ makes sharing music much more fun. The sharing process is incredibly easy and fast. The kid will plug the audio jack in a music player. Then he will plug another headset into the other port of the device, and he can start sharing.
This model of headsets also has a volume limiter. Therefore, the volume can be limited to 93 dB. This means that you do not have to worry that your kid will listen to music too loud and destroy his ears.
The product also comes with some extra elements. Your kid will be happy to find inside the package a microfiber pouch and a 52-inch cable covered in nylon.
With five variations of color, this is definitely a must-have for your kid.
2. BuddyPhones Kids Headphones from Onanoff
- BEST KIDS HEADPHONES FOR SAFE AUDIO: BuddyPhones were designed for safety, comfort, and fun. Each BuddyPhone comes with 6 sets of decorative stickers for customization. Appropriate for children and toddlers between the age of 3 - 10.
- ALWAYS-ON VOLUME LIMITER: Volume is limited to a kid safe level of 85 dB. This volume level is recommended by the World Health Organization as the max volume for children.
- AWARD-WINNING DESIGN FOR KIDS: BuddyPhones are tailor made for kids, featuring a super durable and bendable housing that is adjustable for a perfect fit. All BuddyPhones are made with soft and comfortable hypoallergenic padding. The 2 1/2 ft. audio cable is flat to prevent tangles. Their unique, kid-friendly design has won BuddyPhones numerous awards over the past years!
- EASY SHARING: The BuddyCable includes a patented, built-in audio splitter for sharing with friends without getting tangled. Up to 4 BuddyPhones can be shared in the same device.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND COMPATIBILITY: The included 3.5mm gold plated audio jack works with iPads, Amazon Kindle, tablets, iPhones, Samsung, Smartphones. They are perfect at home and on the go in combination with laptops, computers, and other audio devices.
These headphones for kids are preferred by many children because of their variations of colors. The producers launched them in six different colors, and so transformed this product in the perfect gift for any child.
This model has a built-in headphone splitter. Therefore, your kid can share with you the music he or she listens to. What is more, the splitter takes away the problem of the cables that usually get tangled.
Up to four persons can listen to music at the same time while using the Onanoff Buddy Phones.
Furthermore, users appreciate their sturdiness. This means that they can resist to shocks. The producers used highly-durable materials, and their case is 100% bendable.
The volume limiter is set at 85 dB.
Kids will love the personalization feature. They will find in the package different stickers that they can use to make their headphones unique.
These headphones for kids are one of Onanoff’s awarded products thanks to the unique design. The kit includes a flat cable as well.
The ear pads are hypoallergenic. This means that if you have a sensitive child, he or she will be safe.
3. Play+ Kids Headphones by Snug
- Features a sharing port on every set - Connect one side of these kids headphones to your media device then connect the other side to a second set of headphones to allow a daisy chain of kids to all listen at once!
- Volume automatically limited to protect your childÍs ears - The Snug Play+ childrens headphones have a built-in volume limiting feature to save the eardrums of young kids.
- Perfect size and fit for children - These headphones are lightweight and feature soft, comfortable earpads. Recommended for children ages 3-8.
- Premium sound quality - Featuring 40mm drivers that provide a range of 20Hz to 20kHz, your kids will never be lacking for sound as they enjoy a complete audio experience.
- Made with high quality, durable materials these headphone are built to last and withstand the rough play of kids
You cannot fail in matching your kid’s tastes in terms of colors with Play+ headphones for kids. The seven colors that this product offers will definitely please even the most exquisite tastes.
It has an audio sharing port that allows your kid to share music with his friends.
The volume limiter is built-in, and it is set at maximum 93 dB. The plush ear pads are very comfortable. Also, your kid will benefit from surround sound effects thanks to the 40-mm drivers. Durability is not an issue for Play+. The producers used high-quality materials making sure the product will resist to any shocks.
Any kid from 3 to 8 years old will put these headphone on their list for Santa.
4. Kidz Gear Wired Headphones for Kids
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - Lifetime Limited Warranty
- WORKS WITH iPad, iPod and iPhone and many many other audio devices
- Custom designed fit for children 2 yrs. and older - Light weight and comfortable
- Now available in five NEW COLORS - Pink, Orange, Blue, Green and Purple!
- FREE independent Volume Limit Cable to limit audio volume to approximately 80% (~ 20dB lower) of original maximum volume
If your kid is at least two years old, offer him this product, and he will love it.
This device offers your child the same acoustic experience as one of an adult because the volume limiter is 20% lower than the maximum volume standard for adults. This makes this product one preferred device by many kids for a long period.
The sound quality is amazing. Whether you connect them to the TV, MP3 player, DVD, Blu-Ray or any mobile device, the sound quality is rich and crisp.
This is a customizable product being sold in 7 different colors. Therefore, you cannot have any excuse for not buying this product for you kid because it will surely match to his or her tastes. You will offer confidence to your kid buying a product for him that is very close to the sound quality an adult gets when he buys headphones. The audio experience is one of the best as the sound’s quality does not get altered at all.
In comparison to other headphones for kids, there is no limit for the maximum age a child should have when using it. Moreover, if the child gets bored of it, the adults can use them without any problem for a long period.
5. Puro Sound Labs Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- Healthy ears hearing protection: volume limiting ear protection (85 dB). volume limits over 85 dB are known to cause hearing loss over time.Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Puro balanced response studio grade Audio: Crafted with 40 mm custom dynamic drivers, We recreate the best sound you have ever heard into a headphone experience.
- Up to 18 hours of battery life: listen to music for hours and hours, not worrying about having to recharge. 200 hours standby means even greater convenience.
- Durable lightweight aluminum construction: the aluminum used in the ear-cups and headband insure that the BT2200 headphones will last far Longer than competing products made from cheap plastic.
- Block background noise: our soft and supple ear cushion design provides amazing comfort while also attenuating 82% of sound at 1 kHz.
Are you looking to buy a top-notch gift for your kid?
Then the BT2200 headphones for kids from Puro Sound Labs will impress you with the 40-mm dynamic drivers. This means that your kid will have a high-quality experience when listening to music.
The volume limiter is set to 85 dB. So you need not to worry that your kid’s sense of hearing will be affected by listening to music too loud.
This product has one of the longest battery autonomy, up to 18 hours. How cool is that?
It has up to 200-hour standby time. This makes this device your kid’s buddy during long trips. He will not get bored while traveling for sure. It is highly efficient because it blocks the background noise. What is more, it is a wireless device, so it will be very easy for your kid to take them with him everywhere he goes.
The wireless range is 30 feet. These headphones for kids are a great combination of durability due to aluminum construction, being at the same time lightweight.
Last 5 Best Headphones For Kids
6. LeapFrog Headphones
- Provides quiet learning time for your little one
- Padded headband and ear cushions add extra comfort
- Adjustable headpiece accommodates growing kids
- Choice of two colors: pink and green
- Works with LeapPad tablets, LeapReader, LeapsterGS and LeapFrog Epic
If you are looking for the ideal headphones for your kid tablet or e-book reader, then Leapfrog Headphones is what you need.
These headphones for kids have a volume limiter set at 85 dB protecting your child’s ears. They are perfect for children between 3 to 9 years old, so it is critical to prevent hearing loss at this early age.
This is one excellent product for the kids’ educational gadgets coming with two color options.
One interesting aspect is the fact that it is not limited to being used only on Leapfrog devices. It has a 3.5-mm audio port that makes it perfect for many types of devices, from different producers.
Your child’s comfort is ensured by the padded headband and ear cushions. Moreover, considering the kids’ fast-growing pace, the headpiece is adjustable.
7. CozyPhones Mystic Unicorn Headphones
- SUPER COMFORTABLE KIDS HEADPHONES - with ultra-thin 1/8" limiting speakers and durable braided cable. These earphones are a great alternative for girls or boys who hate earbuds, struggle with bulky over the ear headphones. lightweight, comfortable, washable headband with adjustable, removable speakers provide the perfect fit and won't fall off.
- VOLUME LIMITED FOR HEARING PROTECTION - The headband is soft and washable, and the ultra-thin speakers are limited to 90 dB to protect little ears. No earbuds sticking in the ear, or bulky headphones that don't really fit. Can also be pulled down over the eyes as a sleep mask for a worry-free nap. CozyPhonesTM are also great for sensory issues and special needs!
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR EASTER - comfortable and easy to carry. CozyPhonesTM pack easily in a backpack or suitcase. Our super-soft headband stays in place and will not interfere with car seat headrest or airplane seats, allowing child to sleep during travel by air or car.
- MADE TO LAST 100% GUARANTEE - with a flexible and durable 52 inches braided cord and sturdy 3.5 mm stereo plug. Will not kink, twist or break under normal use. Use with all your favorite devices like Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Blackberry, Nokia, LG, HTC, Google Nexus, Lenovo, Asus, Sony, Dell, Toshiba, HP, MP3, MP4 and other audio devices.
- FINALLY. HEADBAND HEADPHONES YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE - 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - CLICK TO ORDER NOW!
These headphones for kids will take your kid to the land of dreams with the unique unicorn design.
The speaker is fully built in the width of the band.
Do you think that this is not impossible? Well, CozyPhones proves the impossible.
This product is not an ordinary one. It has flattened stereo speakers, being 1/8-inch thin. The connection can be done using the durable 52-inch fully braided audio cable. It will fit into any device that is suitable for a 3.5-mm jack. Another amazing thing is that it will not fall off your kid’s head even when he or she is sleeping.
For a sophisticated kid who does not like big headphones, which are bulky over their ears, this is an excellent gift. It offers a high degree of comfort.
And the list of amazing features does not end here…
This product is washable. Therefore, you can wash it and protect your kid from germs or bacteria.
8. Disney Frozen Cool Tunes Headphones from KIDdesigns
- Parental Control: These headphones come equipped with an adjustable volume limiter to provide a safe and optimal listening experience for iOS and/or Android users. (See back of packaging for more details)
- Connectivity: Connect to any audio device with the line-in jack and listen to whatever you like.
- Performance: Enter a world of your own and enjoy crisp quality sound from the makers of iHome.
- Comfort & Quality: Padded pivoting ear cushions and an adjustable headband allows for a comfortable custom fit.
- Perfect Gift: This will make the perfect gift or birthday present for your little one!.
- Fesco Distributors, Inc.
Is there any kid does not love the Disney world and especially the Frozen princesses?
KIDdesigns Inc kept the pace with the new Disney movies and launched on the market these headphones for kids inspired by the Frozen films.
The design is remarkable showing the kid’s most preferred characters from the movie. Princess Elsa is painted on the left ear pad while Princess Anna sits on the left. On top of the headband, the producers added a purple flower, thus creating a touch of elegance especially for little girls.
The plush ear pads are extremely comfortable offering your kid a great experience while listening to their favorite songs.
The volume limiter gives you an extra assurance that your prince or princess’ hearing will not get damaged.
If you are looking for a perfect gift for a little princess, you will not fail with these headphones for kids.
9. Sakar Ninja Turtles Headphones
- Kid-friendly volume limiting technology suitable for children ages 3-9
- Cushioned ear pieces deliver crisp, rich sound
- High Quality, Full Range Stereo Sound
- Works with all portable devices that feature a 3.5mm stereo jack
- Backed by a 1 year warranty
While KIDdesigns take the princesses on the land of Frozen movie, Sakar creates a great alternative for boys.
If you have a boy between 3 and nine years old who is a fan of the mutant teenage Ninja Turtles, he will love these headphones.
The producers created extra-large ear pads. They are covering the kid’s ears completely, thus offering a high-quality audio experience.
Of course, kids grow very fast, but these headphones will adjust perfectly with their new dimensions. The ear pads are adjustable. Therefore, you will not have to buy new headphones until your kid reaches school age.
Furthermore, the device has a 3.5-mm audio port.
10. Warner Bros Over The Year Headphone
- Features a Batman inspired design
- Soft cushioned ear pieces for a comfortable listening experience
- Engineered with a volume limiter to protect young, developing ears
- Recommended for ages 3-9
- Backed by a 1 year warranty
Warner Bros succeeds in meeting the kids’ fantasies with different styles and characters painted on these headphones.
One of the most popular headphone models is the one capturing Batman. Kids love this crusader fighting injustice and crime.
This product offers a high-quality audio experience because they are designed to cover the ears.
The extra-large ear pads offer a high degree of comfort. The superb surround sound experience will make any kid love this device.
This is the best gift that a kid will ever receive.
Moreover, add to all these features the fact that your kid will be able to use it for a long period until he or she reaches school age.
This product also has a built-in volume limiter protecting the child’s hearing while listening to music. The producers limited it to 80% of the original maximum volume used by an adult.
These headphones are compatible with various devices whether we are talking about iPhone, iPad, Android devices. As long as they accept a 3.5 mm stereo jack, these headphones will fit just perfect.
In a nutshell, studies have shown that there is a tight connection between children development and music. For instance, the children who have been listening to classic music since they were in their mother’s wombs and even while they were babies, proved to have developed certain cognitive abilities, emotional balance, and social skills.
Furthermore, the kids who continued listening to music during their development stages learned how to appreciate life better. They also became more creative and imaginative. Their skills regarding problem-solving proved to be more advanced in comparison to those who did not listen to music in their early stages of development.