Could people only imagine an opportunity to make electronic copies of their photos half a century ago? The appearance of photo scanner is magic, isn’t it?
Many people nowadays still have thousands of old photos, which are so valuable for them. Unfortunately, printed images might become dilapidated in length of time.
What can be more helpful for those people than saving their pictures forever?
However, there are much more opportunities you should know about scanners.
If you understand the importance of photo scanners and you would like to learn more, go through these photo scanner reviews.
Just keep reading, and you will be able to make a reasonable selection of the top 10 photo scanners.
- 10 Best Photo Scanner Reviews 2017
- 1. Epson Perfection V370 Color Document Scanner
- 2. Doxie Flip Photo & Notebook Scanner
- 3. Doxie One Portable Photo Scanner
- 4. Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo and Document Scanner
- 5. Epson Perfection V600 Desktop Scanner
- 6. Epson Perfection V19 Color Photo Scanner
- 7. Canon Office Products LiDE120
- 8. Avision IS15+ Photo Scanner
- 9. Pandigital Photolink Photo Scanner
- 10. Epson Perfection V550 High Speed Scanner
Benefits of Using Photo Scanner
There is a long benefits list of using a photo scanner in your everyday’s life.
Here are the most significant benefits:
The majority of scanners comes in small dimensions which allow portability. You don’t need to worry about finding a place for your gadget.
Just put it wherever you want and do the work!
Have you ever wondered about having your old family photos on your computer?
It can’t be an easier job to digitalize your old photos with the help of the scanner. Everyone can do it because all you need to do is to put your old photo into the scanner and wait.
Enjoy your old family memories from your computer!
Many artists use scanners to digitalize their art and upload it on the internet. If you’re a drawer and you don’t have enough skill to draw on the computer you can quickly transform it into to computer image format. That’s a real strength of using a photo scanner!
If you have a business than photo scanner is the must! You can scan every document, book or report and make it visible to people in your organization. It will make your work way more efficient and faster.
10 Best Photo Scanner Reviews 2017
|Epson V370||4800 x 9600 dpi||8.5 x 11.7 inch||600 dpi||35mm||$109.00|
|Doxie Flip Flatbed||600 dpi||4 x 6 inch||300 dpi||35mm||$139.44|
|Doxie One||300 dpi||8.5 x 11 inch||300 dpi||35mm||$149.00|
|CanoScan LiDE220||4800 x 4800 dpi||8.5 x 14 inch||300 dpi||35mm||$78.99|
|Epson V600||6400 x 9600 dpi||8.5 x 11.7 inch||300 dpi||35mm||$209.99|
|Epson V19||4800 x 4800 dpi||8.5 x 11.7 inch||600 dpi||35mm||$61.43|
|Canon LiDE120||2400 x 4800 dpi||8.5 x 11.7 inch||600 dpi||35mm||$62.99|
|Avision IS15+||300 dpi||5 x 7 inch||300 dpi||35mm||$39.94|
|Pandigital Photolink||600 x 600 dpi||5 x 7 inch||600 dpi||35mm||$24.50|
|Epson V550||6400 x 12 800 dpi||8.5 x 11.7 inch||600 dpi||35mm||$169.99|
1. Epson Perfection V370 Color Document Scanner
- Scan 35mm slides and negatives - Built-in TPU for enlargements up to 13" x 19"
- Access documents from mobile devices - Document Capture Pro software included
- Achieve exceptional clarity and detail - 4800 x 9600 optical resolution
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Mac OS X 10.5.x, 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x
Epson Perfection V370 can scan a wide range of things, such as documents and various images. The ability of scanning negatives and films in high quality makes it stand out as a recommended slide scanner among others.
The scanner can recognize slides with size 13 x 19 inches.
If you care about the quality of your future scanned copy, consider this photo scanner. Why? Thanks to the high level of optical resolution 4800 x 9600 dpi you will get qualitative images.
The case of the device is durable, as it is created of high-quality thermoplastic polyurethane.
Users of social networks will find this photo scanner reasonable for its smart function “scan to the cloud.” They can easily save their time delegating the task to their picture scanner.
Could you only imagine, the images can appear on your smartphone and your network simultaneously?
With the mobile application Document Capture Pro, you can have access to your photos anytime. Just bring your mobile device with you.
Doxie Flip Photo & Notebook Scanner was created for the sake of saving your precious memories. Although it can be multi-functional at the same time. Keep reading, and you will know more.
That is very convenient photo scanner, which can fit into any room. It is slim and compact. Thanks to the small size and universal design it becomes more and more popular among users with various needs.
So, yes, this photo scanner prefer photographers and designers as well as people with personal needs.
People choose this particular photo scanner for creating digital copies of different formats for their albums or any other images.
Some people also use this photo scanner in offices for making copies of documents.
You will get a free SD memory card and battery with long-term usage as a bonus.
3. Doxie One Portable Photo Scanner
- Simple, standalone mobile scanner lets you scan paper anywhere in your home or office - no computer required
- Scans full color sheets at 300 dpi in just 8 seconds
- Doxie app included - amazing scanners deserve amazing software. Doxie software for your computer syncs scans, creates multi-page searchable PDFs with OCR, and...
- Works with iPad via Apple SD Card Reader accessory (sold separately)
- Included power adapter and 2GB SD memory card for storing scans
Are looking for the best photo scanner? Consider Doxie One as a good option. If you are a creative person and work with images, you must dream of acquiring this one.
The compact size of the photo scanner allows you to bring it with you anywhere you go. Also, you do not have to use a computer. The scanner can perfectly go with your mobile phone.
Get this: with this photo scanner it will take you 8 seconds to have qualitative photo sheets at 300 dpi.
It is a good notice that a 2GD SD memory card is included with a package of the photo scanner.
With personalized Doxie application, you will get multi-functional access to manage your future pictures. Moreover, with Apple SD Card Reader it is compatible with any iPad. However, you will have to get this supplement additionally.
Try to admit; it is so easy to use this photo scanner. It was created specially for photographers.
Also, it is popular among people, who need their scanned images urgently.
CanoScan LiDE220 has proved itself as a qualified product of the well-known company.
This Canon scanner is a successful combination of document and photo scanner. It has combined advantages of both types of scanners.
Thanks to the modest and unobtrusive design, the scanner may be used in houses or offices. The black color of the device highlights its focus on business. So, it is a perfect choice for business people.
Thinks about this canon scanner if you are a busy person. This device has an option of auto scan. You will easily get your needed images in 10 seconds.
It is also easy to upload photos and documents to cloud services using this scanner such as Evernote, Dropbox and so on.
One click and you have done!
Improve your images using Auto Document Fix. Make them look eye-catching at the result.
5. Epson Perfection V600 Desktop Scanner
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film - 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17in x 22in
- Scan slides, negatives and medium-format panoramic film - built-in Transparency Unit
- Remove the appearance of tears and creases from damaged photos - DIGITAL ICE for Prints
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film - DIGITAL ICE for Film
- Restore faded color photos with one touch - Epson Easy Photo Fix included
- Maximum Scan Area: 8.5in x 11.7in ; TPU: 2.7in x 9.5in
Looking for extraordinary quality, pay attention to Epson Perfection V600 scanner. As a photo scanner, it can provide 6400 x 9600 optical resolution. The scanned images can be converted into 17 x 20-inches images.
Designers choose this photo scanner because of the pretty large scan area, which is 8.5 x 11.7 inches.
This photo scanner can recover damaged photos thanks to Digital Ice application. It can recognize kinks and tears on your photos and recover them automatically.
The Digital Ice is also valuable for scans of films. You will be happy when you see your images without dust. It has already been removed.
Epson Perfection V19 model is a proper choice for those, who appreciate fast operation. Although, it must be important for every customer. That is why this photo scanner is so popular.
You can get a quick scan of documents in 10 seconds only. Click the first button and share your photos with high resolution in cloud services. It can be connected with Facebook, Dropbox, Instagram, etc.
Click the second button and send your photos by email. Click the third button and create PDF file.
Consider this scanner, if you need to scan photos and documents for further printout. Large images will not lose the quality, because of the high resolution of the photo scanner: 4800 x 4800 dpi.
It is compatible with common versions of Mac and Microsoft Windows.
So, if you choose this scanner, you will get a decent quality of images for a reasonable price.
7. Canon Office Products LiDE120
- The CanoScan LiDE120 Color Image Scanner is a compact scanner that offers advanced features and affordability; The "Send to Cloud" functionality, for example,...
- The LiDE120 scanner provides a maximum optical resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi for dazzling scans of both photos and documents
- The Auto Document Fix feature automatically produces beautiful scans with advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, while Auto Scan Mode3...
- The LiDE120 scanner can help you work efficiently with four EZ Buttons that enable you to scan, copy, Send to Cloud or create a PDF in a snap
- LiDE120 scanner uses one USB cable for both data and power, so plugging in is easy; Compatible OS : Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows...
This Canon scanner is quite cheap in comparison to the other models. It is a good match for small companies or personal usage. The black design also makes this photo scanner to be universal.
Use this scanner for getting digital images of photos and documents with high resolution 2400 x 4800 dpi.
Do you think that you still need to improve the quality of your scanned copies?
There is the Auto Document Fix option. It can find scratches, remove all defects and will make your images look much more attractive.
You can also connect your photos with online cloud services very fast. With only one click you can make a scan or copy, or PDF file.
8. Avision IS15+ Photo Scanner
- Built-in image processing
- Featuring advanced deskew and auto-crop functions built into the IS15 Plus, scanned images are processed by the hardware automatically and saved as JPG, giving...
- Portable storage
- Whether it's a USB flash drive or a memory card (SD/SDHC), the IS15 Plus gives you the convenience and freedom to choose which media to store your scanned...
Avision IS15+ is a multi-functional digital scanner. It is also created for photographers and designers. They can take this portable scanner with them if needed.
The existence of portable storage makes this photo scanner unique. 4GB memory card comes together with the scanner as a bonus.
You can also save your images directly to your USB flash drive. It is up to you to choose, where you want to have your images – on the flash drive or SD card. It is convenient, isn’t it?
Fast processing allows getting 5-7 inches images with 300 dpi resolution in 10 seconds only.
- Easily scan photos up to 5x7
- Scan directly to SD card and comes with five in one reader that reads SD/MS/MSPRO/MMC/XD
- No PC needed
- Resolution of 600dpi
- Simple transfer to your digital photo frame or PC
Take a look at a portable picture scanner Pandigital Photolink. You can take it with you anytime you need to scan photos. It is acceptable for any size up to 5 x 7 inches.
This scanner stands out among the other photo scanners for the low price and good quality.
With this portable scanner, you will have digital pictures with resolution 600 dpi.
Scan your photos to the SD card directly, and you can connect it to your computer when needed. It might surprise you, but you will get a free memory card for 512MB together with the scanner.
The software system is quite universal because it is compatible with all common versions of Microsoft Windows and Mac.
Let’s look at another example of the Epson scanner. It is a win-win solution for those, who want to have a slide scanner for a reasonable price.
This scanner also suggests you extra-high resolution: optical resolution 6400 dpi and maximum hardware resolution 12 800 dpi. The optical density of the picture scanner is 3.4 Dmax. You will be able to recognize even the smallest details.
Isn’t it worthy?
Even though this scanner is compatible with a phone, you can have the scanned images on your computer. Compatible synchronization of your phone with computer ensures you to have appropriate images on your PC.
Moreover, every user of this scanner can enlarge the photos for further printing. There are special places for images, negatives, and 3D objects.
Additionally, it is not only a photo scanner, but it also can handle documents, panoramic films, and negatives. You will be surprised by the result. Get only one smart photo scanner you can get so many various options.
Now you can also understand the importance of having a high-quality scanner for a creative person.
Isn’t it what you need now?
If yes, make your choice based on the photo scanner reviews to choose one photo scanner of current interest.
If you have any experience with photo scanners, feel free to write your thoughts in the comment section.