The trending topic of the decade is “old is the new New.” From classic cars to antique art, the world is now paying homage to what used to ripple the airwaves long before the dot-com period. From the beginning of time, music has and always will be part of our lives. Record players brought us music that touched hearts and inspired souls. They had their time but eventually, time caught up with them. However, record players are back and now even better. Following are some of the best portable record player reviews you need to check out if you are interested in enjoying best quality music.
Best Portable Record Players For Sale In 2017
1. Audio Technica AT-LP60BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
- Fully automatic operation. Power Supply Requirements: 120V AC, 60 Hz, 3W
- 2 speed turntable - 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. Anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter
- Motor : DC servo-controlled. Does not have speakers
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier with RCA output cables to connect to audio systems and powered speakers
- Integral Dual Magnet phono cartridge with replaceable diamond stylus
Where would the sound industry be without Audio Technicha? You know you are on the right track when big music gigs feature using your products to cover for their sound needs.
The Grammy Awards recognize the best in the music scene. Therefore, if your sound systems are used to cover such, you are sure that your products lead the market.
More so, audio technical has provided sound for the rock and roll hall of fame induction. So, we can rightfully say that their flagship product, the AT-LP60BK is the best portable record player when it comes to conventional record players. It is a completely automated record player that operates at speeds of 33-1/3 and 45 RPM. You are pretty sure that your records will sound best when you have such a device within your domicile.
You can boost your audio quality by hooking it up directly to your PC, home theater, powered speakers and other devices that lack a dedicated turntable input. The AT-LP60BK features an in-house dual magnet phono cartridge that comes with a replaceable stylus.
If you choose to get this product, it is important to know that it operates on a 120V AC supply as any other rating might do damage to this product.
2. Audio Technica AT-LP120BK-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable
- Selectable internal stereo phono preamplifier and USB connection to your Mac or Windows computer
- Direct-drive, high-torque motor, includes professional cartridge and head-shell.Stroboscopic platter with speed indicator
- Selectable 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm speeds; +/-10 percent or +/-20 percent pitch adjust; high-accuracy quartz-controlled pitch lock
- S-shaped tone arm assembly with adjustable counterweight, anti-skate adjustment, tone-arm height adjustment and lock
- Includes USB cable and Mac and PC-compatible Audacity software, Switchable built-in preamplifier with line-level RCA output cables
This is another option brought to you by Audio Technica. It has the capability of playing at speeds of up to 33/45 and 78 rpm. The AT-LP120BK is a bit heavy on the pocket as compared to its counterpart the AT-LP60BK.
For this reason, it loses the top spot as the best portable record player to its counterpart. However, the price comes with some pretty amazing features. It is aesthetically pleasing; has a chrome plated finish and an S-shaped tonearm assembly.
It is also more compact when comparing their dimensions with other options. However, the Audio Technica AT-LP120BK is not all looks and no charm.
It can handle analog records and also convert analog LPs to digital audio using its audacity software.
Built-in pre-amp and line level RCA outputs ensure that you have good quality audio that can be listened to through other audio outputs. Hardcore audiophiles consider the direct drive motor which the turntable operates on inferior to belt- drive systems. But to any other layman, telling the difference in audio quality will be nearly impossible.
3. The Jensen JTA-230 3 Speed Stereo Turntable
- Belt Driven 3-Speed Stereo Turntable 33/45/78 RPM with Stereo Speaker System
- USB Port with Cable included for Converting Vinyl Records to Digital Format, with Software Included for Recording, Editing and Converting Your Audio Content to MP3 Format
- Auxiliary Input Jack for Connecting Your iPod, MP3 or other Digital Audio Players. Includes RCA Line-out Jacks and Stereo Headphone Jack
- Pitch Control for Adjusting the Record Speed; Volume Control, Tone Control
- Power Indicator, Auto Stop Switch, Dust Cover. Power: AC 120V 60Hz. If you are purchasing and shipping to an international country, product may be damaged if you do not have have the correct voltage requirements.
Coming third as the best portable record player is the Jensen JTA-230. This belt driven turntable operates under three speeds, 33/45/78 RPM and has inbuilt stereo speakers.
Pitch adjustment and tone control is its biggest asset. It also has a USB port that can convert your classic records to digital format. Of course, it has to have the input jack where you can connect your iPod, mp3 player and any other digital audio player.
The speakers are quite standard and can pass for personal listening. However, when having a party, you need to connect it to a bigger speaker system via RCA. If you happen to have some good headphones, you can enjoy the rich classic sound via the headphone jack. The power indicator and auto stop come standard with the product.
The device works with a 120V 60Hz power rating hence you need to be keen on your power supply.
4. Electrohome Wellington Record Player Retro Vinyl Turntable Real Wood Stereo System
- Listen to your favorite vinyl with this authentic 4-in-1 retro vinyl turntable housed in an all wood mahogany finished cabinet inspired by over 100 years of developing analog audio systems
- Plays vinyl records, CDs, AM/FM radio with illuminated tuning dial, and MP3s through USB or 3.5mm auxiliary input for any music playing device including your iPhone, iPad or any other tablet or smartphone
- Built-in stereo speakers with rich, room filling sound, housed in an all wood acoustic cabinet for optimal audio performance. Connect your headphones for private listening.
- Record any vinyl album to MP3 through a built-in USB port without connecting to a computer. Just plug in your USB drive and press record - it's that easy.
- Conical-shaped sapphire tipped ceramic needle provides better audio performance with a warm and natural tone and will not harm even your most cherished albums.
Fourth is the Electrohome Wellington Retro Vinyl Turntable by Electrohome. This is the best portable record player that you can find in the market when it comes to retro aesthetics.
The record player features an all wood mahogany finished casing that keeps with the 100-year tradition that Electrohome has upheld.
True to its roots, the Wellington features an AM/FM radio. New school additions include a CD player, USB port for mp3 playback, vinyl to MP3 recording, and the headphone jack for private listening and an auxiliary input for your smartphone.
The inbuilt speakers provide a surprisingly rich, room-filling sound. It has a diamond tipped ceramic needle that provides optimum audio performance while protecting your cherished records.
5. Electrohome Signature Vinyl Record Player Classic Turntable Natural Wood Hi-Fi Stereo System
- Retro inspired record player delivers room filling sound with a perfectly tuned acoustic cabinet and four speakers for high fidelity audio performance
- Plays vinyl records, AM/FM radio, CDs, MP3s through USB and includes a 3.5mm auxiliary input for music from your iPhone, iPad, Android or any other smartphone or tablet
- Authentic handcrafted real wood cabinetry with deep walnut finish creates a vintage design backed by Electrohome's 100 years of developing analog audio systems
- Conical-shaped sapphire tipped ceramic needle provides better audio performance with a warm and natural tone and will not harm even your most cherished albums
- Record any vinyl album to MP3 songs through a built-in USB port without connecting to a computer. Just plug in your USB drive and press record - it's that easy
This is another stunning retro based record player from Electrohome.
It also pays homage to the classic turntables with its handcrafted wood cabinet and walnut finish.
Playback is pretty much the same as the Wellington with CD, USB for mp3, AM/FM radio and also the auxiliary input for smartphones and tablets. Headphone jack comes standard if you prefer not listening to the rich fidelity sound coming from its four speakers.
It also has a one-touch vinyl to mp3 recording function meaning you can rip all your records and store them in digital format.
6. Innovative Technology Bluetooth Turntable
- Three-speed Turntable (33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM) plays all of your vinyl records and favorite Albums.
- Built-in Bluetooth to wirelessly play music from your Bluetooth enabled device. No cords needed.
- Portable Suitcase design with easy carry handle
- 3.5mm aux-in for playing music from any non-bluetooth device, RCA aux-in and headphone jack
- Built-in stereo speakers
The selling point for the Innovative technology turntable is its functionality, aesthetics, and portability.
This record player fits into your suitcase perfectly. Hence you can take it with you wherever the party is calling you from.
People who are just getting into the LP wave might say this is the best portable record player just for this functionality. You have the opportunity of enjoying seamless music via its Bluetooth function. It is a three-speed turntable (33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM) and also features a 3.5 auxiliary input that you can use to play music from non-Bluetooth devices.
It also has RCA output and headphone jack for connection to other audio devices and private listening respectively.
7. U-Turn Audio – Orbit Plus Turntable
- High-performance turntable, made in the USA by U-Turn Audio
- Precision tonearm with Ortofon OM 5E cartridge, machined acrylic platter, manual belt drive (33/45 RPM)
- Easy to setup and use, lifetime technical support
- Specs: 12.5 lbs, 5 x 17 x 13", 0.125% wow & flutter, -79dBA S/N ratio, -63dBA rumble
- Comes with: dust cover, RCA cables, felt mat, 2 year warranty, adjustable counterweight
This turntable is as raw as they come. With its stunning looks, it will mostly appeal to the turntable purists who prefer to keep vinyl players just the way they are without much refinement.
It has no USB output, no pre-amp and is manually operated. For analog technology, the Orbit Plus can be said to be the best in such a line of products. In keeping with its classic counterparts, the turntable features a precision belt drive with speeds of 33 and 45 RPM.
It possesses a machined acrylic platter that aids in ensuring a smooth rotation. The only conventional feature that can be spoken of the device is the RCA cable connectivity.
The device comes with a one year warranty.
8. Pro-Ject Elemental Turntable
- Low-profile plinth design with massive, artificial stone central mass point looks stylish and minimizes the effect of external vibrations on record playback
- 8.6" lightweight aluminum tonearm for accurate playback comes with a pre-mounted ortofon om-5e, but is adjustable for use with other cartridges
- Manual belt-drive design with low-vibration synchronous motor for smooth, quiet operation at both 33 and 45 RPM speeds
- Stainless steel polished platter spindle in bronze bushing with Teflon coating for years of smooth, reliable operation
- Manufactured in the European union by skilled craftsmen
This is a record player that capitalizes on the minimalist design.
This turntable is a sure eye turner. The design is sure to match your home décor in a very good way.
The Pro-Ject Elemental Turntable sounds better than it looks. It features a manual belt drive with a low vibration synchronous motor that ensures optimum function at speeds of both 33 and 45 RPM.
From afar, the device might look delicate. However, it has a massive artificial stone central mass that makes it robust so as to eliminate external vibrations. The platter is made of stainless steel and finished with a Teflon coating. For some, this might be the best portable record player based on its minimalist design.
9. Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player
- 1960's inspired 3-in-1 suitcase turntable record player designed with style and portability in mind, listen to your favorite vinyl wherever you go
- Plays vinyl records and MP3s through USB when you select USB/Phono mode on back of unit, or switch to Aux mode to connect a smartphone or tablet through the 3.5mm input. Connect headphones into headphone jack for private listening.
- Built-in stereo speakers with full-range high quality sound, housed in an all-wood acoustic cabinet for optimal audio performance, inspired by over 100 years of developing analog audio systems
- "Conical-shaped sapphire tipped" ceramic needle provides increased audio performance with a warm and natural tone and will not harm even your most cherished albums
- Fully automatic belt-driven turntable spins 7, 10 or 12-inch records at speeds of 331/3, 45 & 78 RPM so you can enjoy your - and dad's - vinyl collection with ease
This 60s looking suitcase turntable happens to improve on the Crosley cruise which will be reviewed afterward. It is a bit pricier than the cruiser but happens to be friendlier to the digital community.
It has an automatic belt driven motor that spins at speeds of 331/3, 45 & 78 RPM and is capable of playing 7, 10 and 12-inch records. It possesses a better sound than the Crosley and also the usual connectivity. USB input can be used to stream music and also via the 3.5 mm auxiliary.
You can connect any input device, and you are sure to hear playback; smartphone, tablet, mp3 name it. Being a budget device, you cannot expect Audio-Technica type of sound quality. Another Achilles heel on this device is its poor built quality. Some parts are quite flimsy hence they can fall off anytime hence needs to be well looked after.
For this reason, this is not in the strictest definition the best portable record player in the market. Therefore, this turntable is for entry level enthusiasts who are looking for a digital-friendly device at a pocket-friendly price.
10. Crosley CR8005D-BK Cruiser Deluxe Portable 3-Speed Turntable
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver lets you stream your music wirelessly to the cruiser's dynamic full-range speakers
- Adjustable pitch control
- Belt Driven portable Turntable plays 3 speeds: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- Dynamic full range stereo speakers
- RCA and headphone Jack outputs
- Refer user manual below.
The Crosley Cruiser is by definition a basic turntable that is designed for novices of the turntable scene.
The design is attractive as it is built to look similar to a wooden suitcase bound with leatherette.
For its modest pricing, the Crosley Cruiser is a big bargain. It features a belt driven motor and a manual return tone arm and plays records in three speeds (33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records). It makes a list because you get the best value per dollar when buying this particular turntable. The only thing that makes it so low on the list is its relevantly low audio quality.
The internal speakers have low output as they are quite basic. However, to improve on that, you can hook up the device to external speakers via the RCA output. You can also use the headphone jack if you happen to possess some good earphones or headphones.
Though not the best portable record player that you can find it the market, it is a sure bet to start with.
To crown it all, having a portable record player is as classy as it gets. Vinyl was once forgotten, but it is busy making roads back into our living rooms. These are the ten best options that you can find currently for the year 2017. Enjoy your listening and remember, without music life would not make sense.