A remote control car can prove to be a great gift for your child for his birthday or to mark any special event. A remote control will not just make your child happy, but will also be a way for him to exercise. The more they play around with their RC cars, the more their body exercises.
RC cars don’t just serve as a source of entertainment, but also aid to enhance your child’s creativity.
An RC car leaves room for family bonding. You can easily get in on the fun by assisting your child hone his skills.
RC cars have been around for some time, and they vary in specifications. Whether you want to get a rally car or drift car, or some other type of car, there is one that suits any particular skill level. Getting the perfect RC car that your child will love might not as easy as you think.
There is also an option to choose a rc plane if you’re more interested in the air tricks.
There are some cheap RC drift cars for sale, but sometimes cheap would not give you what you want. That doesn’t mean expensive can disappoint too. We have narrowed down the list to the best ten in the market.
- 10 Best Cheap RC Cars for Sale
- 1. Traxxas 37054-1 Rustler
- 2. Hosim RC Offroad Car
- 3. Maisto Tech Radio Control Ferrari 458 Italia
- 4. Traxxas 37054 2WD Stadium Rustler XL-5
- 5. Maisto Rock Crawler Electric RC Car
- 6. Axial Racing AX90022 Honcho
- 7. Lamborghini Veneno Remote Car
- 8. Redcat Racing ShockWave Nitro Buggy
- 9. Traxxas XO-1 64077 SuperCar
- 10. Redcat Racing Lightning EPX PRO
- Choosing the Best Electric RC Cars
10 Best Cheap RC Cars for Sale
Here are the best RC cars of 2017:
1. Traxxas 37054-1 Rustler
- The number one selling name ins RTR
- Innovative design and engineering
- Made using only the highest quality components
- TQ 2.4GHz radio system
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor with XL-5 Waterproof ESC
- 7-Cell NiMH 3000mAh Traxxas iD battery
- 4 Amp peak detecting DC charger
The Traxxas 7407 is built for versatility and fun. It has remained as one of the bestselling RC cars in the market for the past four years.
It is suitable for multiple terrains, as it can easily be used on pavement, wet or snowy grounds.
The Traxxas 7407 has a transmitter with fully adjustable settings.
It is fully waterproof, so rain, mud, and snow cannot pose any serious harm to its parts.
The Traxxas also comes in various colors, just pick one that your child will love.
It has a speed of up to 40mph when running on the Power Cell NiMH battery. But the speed can be increased to over 60mph when it runs on an optional 3-cell Power Cell LiPo pack.
It has a low-CG chassis, Velineon 3500 Brushless motor, and 4WD to bring new power to RC cars. The Traxxas 7407 1/10 Rally car is compatible with TQi 2.4 Ghz radio.
2. Hosim RC Offroad Car
This RC car is nothing short of powerful and amazing. The Hosim Rc will give the Flash a run for his money with the kind of speed it is packing.
Hosim comes packed with a remote control that is made from S-Truck suspension technology. The remote control will give you a superior handling and monitoring capability from a distance of up to 30ft.
Moreover, it can easily be used for drifting and flipping the car.
The Hosim Rc can boast of a speed of up to 35mph, talk of fast for a toy car!
It only weighs 4.1 pounds. The Hosim RC also comes fully packed with an aluminum tower battery and charger.
Because of its capabilities, it is recommended for kids of 14 years and above.
3. Maisto Tech Radio Control Ferrari 458 Italia
- Built to 1:24 scale with authentic styling and modifications
- Dashboard-style R/C controller with multiple frequencies
- Left-right and forward-reverse steering
- Requires two AA batteries for the vehicle and two AA batteries for the controller
- Officially Licensed Remote-controlled car
The Maisto remote control car is built for fun and is suitable for children of 8 years and above.
This car requires only 2 AA for the vehicle itself and 2 AA batteries for the controller. It also comes with a 1.9V battery for the transmitter.
Some of the great things that make the car stand out are the complete exterior, rubber tires, and high gloss finish.
It weighs 14.1 ounces and you can also get a decent speed from it.
The Maisto also has another great pro, which is, the dashboard hand controller and multiple frequencies it features.
4. Traxxas 37054 2WD Stadium Rustler XL-5
- TQ 2.4GHz Radio System
- Waterproof Electronics For All-Weather Driving Excitement In Water, Mud And Snow
- Ready-To-Race with Traxxas Power Cell 7-cell NiMH Battery
- 35+mph Top Speed
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor
The Traxxas Stadium Rustler is one of the best RC cars in the market. It features a TQ 2.4GHz radio system; this prevents interference from other transmitters, no need for additional adjustments.
The transmitter is also ergonomically designed to fit perfectly in your hand. The Traxxas includes a rechargeable Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery.
The charger is a four amp 12-volt DC charger that allows for a quick and reliable charging.
This excellent car features a waterproof technology. You can easily drive this car through rain, mud or snow without fear of any damage.
The electronics (the gear box) are tightly and is impervious to damage.
It comes with a fan cooling system that prevents overheating and losing power while the car is being used. The Traxxas Stadium is perfect for any terrain.
5. Maisto Rock Crawler Electric RC Car
The Maisto will give you a speed of 5mph.
This speed might not seem like much, but it was built for young children who lack the finesse required to control a fast car.
This car might be lightweight (2 pounds), but the Vac-molded body is extremely tight, contributing to its improved performance.
Its steering features are just beyond superb. It allows for forwarding/reverse as well as right/left. Because of the ease of movement, this makes it maneuverable through uneven ground.
One great feature that makes the car stand out is that it allows for the three people to play simultaneously with their Maisto RC vehicles. That is possible with the triple channel transmitter.
The Maisto Rock Crawler has well placed and fully functional suspensions. That helps the vehicle maintain balance, and makes it less likely for the car to flip over on uneven terrain.
For the optimum functioning, the Maisto requires 6 AA batteries. The manufacturer has also seen it fit to offer a 30-day warranty against defects.
6. Axial Racing AX90022 Honcho
- Impressive 1:1 scale looks, high-speed monster truck bashability, and technical crawl capabilities
- Full tube composite construction with composite skidplate
- 4-wheel drive locked differentials and AR60 OCP-Axle (Off-Centered Pumpkin Design)
- Transmission is equipped with a slipper clutch and steel output gears; upgradable for three-function "Dig" feature
- Includes Wraith Rock Racer with 20T motor, AE-2 ESC, cockpit, 2.4GHz radio, waterproof receiver box, metal gear steering servo, and six LED Lights
The Axial Racing is one of the known names in the RC cars world, and on the reasons for this, is the AX90022. This car comes with the Axial 27T, this gives plenty of power for high-speed trail runs or scaling over obstacles.
So if you aren’t too concerned about too much speed, then this is the perfect rc truck for you.
It has 1.9 Ripsaw tires with thick threads that can easily tackle some off-road trails.
The AX90022 has a solid build; this makes it possible to withstand falls without taking any damage. It also features strong axles and a 4-link suspension.
7. Lamborghini Veneno Remote Car
This Lamborghini Veneno Rc car has a place among the best-selling cars in the market. It comes with a glossy red color that will appeal to kids of 8 years and above.
The rubber tires and wheels made it look very realistic, at least have a taste of the real thing even though it’s a toy.
The radio control capability is fully functional. It allows for forwarding/reverse, left/right, and stop.
This car comes already assembled so there is no need of troubling yourself about assembling this fantastic RC car. It requires 4 AA and 9-volt batteries for it to maximize its full potential.
A decent speed of 8 mph is enough.
It is among the cheap RC cars, but it will give you more than your money worth.
8. Redcat Racing ShockWave Nitro Buggy
- This is a NITRO vehicle that requires nitro fuel, glow plug ignitor (recommended 80142A), Qty 12 - AA batteries and nitro vehicle experience is recommended.
- 2.67cc (.16) NItro Engine with Pull Start
- 4 Wheel Drive with Single Speed Transmission without reverse
- 2.4GHz Radio Included - Run multiple vehicles at the same time
The Redcat Shockwave Nitro Buggy surpasses most RC cars in the market with its 2.67cc Vertex engine. That helps it comfortably tackle the road.
It comes with an aluminum capped shock absorbers and composite disc brakes that give you that awesome feeling as you drive along. It already comes factory assembled.
All you need to do is to put in the 12 AA batteries and a bottle of 20% nitro fuel.
The 75cc fuel tank has an impressive capacity; it will ensure that you enjoy a long run time before there is a need for refueling. It can perfectly beat competitors with its single-speed transmission, which is straightforward and durable.
9. Traxxas XO-1 64077 SuperCar
- 25.2V extreme ESC and the largest brushless motor ever offered thrust XO-1 to 60 in 2.3 seconds and over 100mph with optional 3s LiPo batteries
- Includes telemetry sensors, TQi 2.4GHz Radio with Wireless Module, and TSM Stability Management to harness the power without sacrificing fun
- Shaft-driven all wheel drive with reinforced steel-gear differentials, shock-absorbing Cush Drive, and steel splined dual-CV driveshafts
- Machined 6061 aluminum C-hubs, steering knuckles, axle carriers, shock towers, and 17mm hex hubs
- Bold ProGraphix painted bodies aerodynamically styled to provide high-speed stability and downforce
- This is an O.E.M. part
The Traxxas XO-1 64077 Supercar not only has a stylish and sleek design, but it has an incredible speed of up to 60mph in just 2.3 seconds and 100mph in 4.92 seconds!
Well, among the league of electric RC cars, there has been a claim that this car is the fastest in the world. This RC car allows for easy handling; you can take it through different terrains with ease.
It also features adjustable multilink suspensions and coil-over shocks.
10. Redcat Racing Lightning EPX PRO
- Electric brushless 3300KV 540 Novatech motor
- Vivid polycarbonate body
- Transmission Forward and Reverse
- 2.4GHz Radio, 7.4v 3500mAh LIPO 15C & Charger Included
- Radio requires 8 AA Batteries (Not Included)
Redcat Lightning EPX PRO might be the last name in this list, but that doesn’t make it the best. It can give you fast speed and high resilience.
That is enabled by the light chassis of polycarbonate. For the price as low as $129, it is surely an impressive drift car for almost anyone who wants to have fun racing.
Among the RC drift cars, this one can also boast of a 2.4GHz radio.
It is powered by an electric brushless 3300KV 540 Novatech motor. That allows for easy handling and gives the user the option to push it beyond its limits.
Redcat Lightning EPX PRO is sustained by a 7.2v 2000mah battery, which allows for optimal performance.
Choosing the Best Electric RC Cars
Since you have the list of the best RC cars for sale, it isn’t a hard task to decide which one suits your needs the most. The majority of cars are electric RC cars, but also if you’re more interested in gas RC cars, there is a choice for you.
These 10 RC cars are currently the best cars you can find online. When you compare the list of features and price, there is no better offer.
Here is more:
The reviews aren’t based only on our subjective perspective, but it is backed with hundreds of customer reviews on Amazon.
It can prove nothing else than high-quality!
Have you ever tried to drive a RC car? What’s your opinion on the list?
Feel free to share your thoughts as it will drastically help others.