The backpack is certainly one of the best innovations that we ever got from the 19th century. Even better than that – the single strap backpack, which made it even easier for us to lug things around hands-free.
The past few years, it’s become more of a stylish accessory aside from being a functional necessity in our everyday lives. This is one of the biggest reasons why it is one of the most attractive and best-selling women bags today.
Whether you’re an adventurer or a regular career person, you’ll be in need of a convenient single strap backpack.
It’s perfect for your outdoor adventures for its improved mobility (doesn’t slip like double strap backpacks do) and spacious storage. Thus, it makes traveling with heavy loads easier and more hassle-free.
Below, we’ll help you choose the perfect single strap backpack for you. We’re sure you’ll find some of them quite appealing and fitting for your personal preference and active lifestyle!
Here is the list of the best single strap backpack reviews:
- 1. KAVU Rope Sling Bag
- 2. Yens® Fantasybag Sling Pack
- 3. Everest Sling Bag
- 4. OutdoorMaster One Strap Backpack
- 5. WATERFLY Packable Shoulder Backpack
- 6. Port & Company Honeycomb Sling Pack
- 7. Molle Tactical Single Strap Backpack
- 8. Red Rock Rover Sling Purse
- 9. NEXT GEN Sling Backpack
- 10. Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger
- 11. Condor Ambidextrous Sling Bag
- 12. Adidas Capital Sling Backpack
- 13. Victorinox Altmont Dual-Compartment Monosling
- 14. Coreal Short Travel Backpack
- 15. Under Armour Compel Sling Backpack
- Choosing the Best Single Strap Backpack
1. KAVU Rope Sling Bag
- Pockets: 1 interior zip, 3 exterior
- Pockets: 1 interior zip, 2 exterior
The KAVU Rope Sling Bag can be the no-fuss single strap backpack you need to simply carry your daily school or work items with.
The body is made of durable polyester. It comes with a 38-inch rope strap that hugs its 10x8x3-inch body for a comfortable fit.
It features two vertical zip exterior pockets for your phone and wallet and one more interior pocket.
Finally, it’s perfect for both men and women as it comes in so many different colors and patterns.this also means you’re less likely to bump into someone else with the exact same bag.
The KAVU sling bag comes with a pretty hefty price tag, but can easily prove to be well worth your money.
After all, it’s the most favorite item on this list
2. Yens® Fantasybag Sling Pack
- Polyester with PVC backing
- 13"W x 19"H x 7"D
- Diagonal Dual zippered opening to main compartment. Diagonal Dual zippered front pocket.One opened elastic mesh pocket.
- Zippered 'IPOD" pocket with earport. Extra zipper side pocket with inside mesh opened pocket.
- One zippered cellular phone holder and pen loop pocket on the self fabric back strap.
The Yens Fantasybag Sling Pack is a popular choice for those who need multiple compartments for different-sized items.
First, there are the diagonal two-zipper main compartment and front pocket.
There’s also one open elastic mesh pocket for your small water bottle or sunglasses. There’s even a zippered pocket with an ear port for your iPod or small MP3 player.
The extra zippered slide is to keep your phone handy at all times.
Finally, it features an extra zippered side pocket with an internal mesh pocket, plus a pen holder on the back strap.
However, though it’s made of polyester with PVC backing, it can’t carry very heavy items for long durations. It’s not a good choice for a school bag, but it’s convenient and affordable for a lightweight go-bag.
Consider it for its spacious 19x13x7-inch dimensions and five basic color variations: red, yellow, blue, gray and black.
3. Everest Sling Bag
- Triangular bag featuring single adjustable shoulder strap, silver-tone hardware, and multiple compartments
- Two exterior pockets
The Everest Sling Bag can make a good one strap backpack for kids. With two external pockets and eight two-tone color combinations to choose from, this unisex bag is both functional and very stylish.
It features a 12-inch shoulder drop and it is easily adjustable for almost any body type. And like many modern single strap backpacks, this one is made of 100% polyester.
It is also sturdy enough to contain your most valuable items in its 18.5″ high and 15″ wide bag space.
However, it’s not advisable for bringing heavier items on a daily basis. There have been other reviews revealing that the straps come apart after heavy use.
4. OutdoorMaster One Strap Backpack
- SMALL YET SPACIOUS SLING BAG FOR MEN & WOMEN - Versatile & compact backpack - Perfect as city daypack and for traveling as carry on luggage.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CROSSBODY DESIGN - Made of a lightweight canvas like polyester material & featuring a spacious main pocket. Room for camera, iPad or a small laptop computer (up to 12").
- HIDDEN ANTI-THEFT POCKET & WATER BOTTLE HOLDER - Equipped with several smart organizer pockets, such as a hidden anti-theft pocket & a external water bottle holder.
- REVERSIBLE SHOULDER STRAP DIRECTION - The perfect pack for both lefties & righties with reversible large, softly padded shoulder strap.
- WHAT YOU GET: OutdoorMaster Sling Bag, OutdoorMaster's 6 months 100% satisfaction guarantee warranty and friendly customer service.
The OutdoorMaster Sling Bag is one of the most reviewed and high rated single strap backpacks on Amazon. It’s lightweight, small but surprisingly spacious enough for daily use.
Owners of this bag love it for its multiple pockets and its reversible shoulder strap for both left-handed and right-handed users.
You’ll love the unique anti-theft pocket and the phone pocket with a strap mount for extra security.
It makes for a great pick if you want a highly durable and handy single strap backpack for only a little over $20.
The bag comes in just four colors: black, gray, dark blue and green.
5. WATERFLY Packable Shoulder Backpack
- WATERFLY focal on outdoor rainproof bag. Our bag is your good friend on hiking, camping, running and trip.
- Made of rainproof soft nylon. SBS brand zipper. YNS brand buckle.Reinforced all contacted place with Bartack Process.
- High quality packable Cross Body Bag, can be folded into a small pouch and expanded to a large backpack.
- You can make the bag firm on your body through adjusting the Detachable Waist Strap when you run.
- 1 main pouch and 4 small pouches. It can organize iPad 4/5/6,magazine and iPhone 6 plus and other items.Capacity:10L Weight:0.48 Pound
Headed for an outdoor adventure or to the gym?
Look no further. The WATERFLY Packable Shoulder Backpack is proudly rainproof because of its soft nylon material, high-quality zippers and buckle.
One of its most notable features is that it can be folded into a small pouch (from around 15x10x5 to just 8x6x1 inches) for easy storage. It also has a detachable waist strap for increased security and comfort during movement.
There are five pouches, the main one being for your iPad, magazine, notebook or small laptop. It comes in five colors: blue, black, olive, pink and purple (all with gray linings).
6. Port & Company Honeycomb Sling Pack
- BG1010 600 denier polyester 420 denier honeycomb polyester contrast
- Front zippered pocket
- Main compartment with zippered side entry
- Dimensions: 17"h x 13"w x 6"d Approx. 1 326 cubic inches
You may find the Port & Company Honeycomb Sling Pack to a bit more narrow compared to the other single strap backpacks on our list. However, with the main compartment of 17x13x6 inches.
That is enough to fit a small laptop and your necessities with ease and with some room to spare.
This particular mono strap backpack comes with two large zippered external compartments and doesn’t quickly fall off your shoulders. You can also pick from five basic color variations: lime, navy, red, black and twilight blue.
The best part? It’s an absolute steal at under $10.
However, at that price, zipper durability has somewhat been compromised.
7. Molle Tactical Single Strap Backpack
- Excellent storage: 3 zippered front, 1 zippered main, 1 zippered hydration rear pocket: accepts up to 2L water bladder, wide padded adjustable shoulder strap with metal accessory hook & large buckle snap
- Material: 600 Denier Polyester for daily durable use; PVC lined; hydration pocket accepts 2L Liter bladder, pass-through slot at top for water tube. Excellent storage: 3 zippered front, 1 zippered main, 1 zippered hydration rear pocket: accepts any water bladder, wide padded adjustable shoulder strap with metal accessory hook & large buckle snap
- Molle Straps, D rings, attachment points: allows excellent attachment of pouches, accessories, caribiners, etc... when needed
- Large bottle holder with locking drawstring to secure it, accepts bottles up to 4" Diameter
- Dimensions: 17.5"L x 13"W x 7"D Volume: 900 cu.in.
If you need more space and are not afraid of the bulk, the Molle Tactical Sling Backpack is for you.
This molle-strapped one shoulder backpack is made to be similar to heavy-duty bags that army men wear. With its dimensions of 17.5x13x7 inches (and a bigger 21″ size), you can bring bigger items and even artillery.
It has a 2L 4-inch diameter bottle pocket, five zippered compartments, and metal D rings and a large buckle snap. It really is the perfect single strap backpack for your quick hiking and mountaineering adventures.
We can imagine it being good for Airsoft games, with its wide range of available camouflage, digital and plain prints.
8. Red Rock Rover Sling Purse
- Category name: gear-bags-and-accessories
- Country of origin: China
- Brand name: Red Rock Outdoor Gear
The Red Rock Rover Sling Pack is known for its conceal carry sleeve with snap closure on its back panel. Its three large compartments are good for keeping survival essentials like ammunition, binoculars and even a first aid kit.
Its large main compartment has an internal Velcro-closure sleeve that makes it safer to store a laptop and several iPads.
With dimensions of 11.5x8x5.5 inches and multiple pockets (with dividers), it’s a good one strap backpack for emergency evacuations.
Choose from its four colors: black, dark earth, olive drab/red and tornado/royal blue.
9. NEXT GEN Sling Backpack
- ERGONOMIC SLING BACKPACK - Teardrop shaped cross body backpack with easy-access-pocket design
- SLING BAG SIZE: 19.5 inch x 11.5 inch (volume = 8.5 liters / 520 cubic inches). Unisex perfect small slingback bag for adult men or women, children, boys, girls, college students and kids of all ages
- ADVANCED MEMORY FOAM STRAP - Our exclusive 'soft carry' strap technology with memory foam provides the ultimate in fashionable cross chest bag carrying comfort
- CROSSBODY BACKPACK FEATURES - Large inner compartment with zippered storage pocket - Separate insulated iPad/tablet pocket - External cellphone pocket fits any size phone - Security pocket for keys and valuables - Hidden credit card holder - Waterbottle holder - Multiple styles and colors
- MADE TO LAST - The MERU daypack shoulder bag is a premium quality sling pack to last through all your daily use. It's backed by our 6-month free product replacement warranty
What makes the NEXT GEN Sling Backpack by MERU stand out is its very comfortable Memory Foam strap.
This single strap backpack feature makes it more ideal for carrying moderate to heavy loads more comfortably. Its dimensions are 19.5x12x4 inches and comes in an ergonomic teardrop shape.
Other features that we love: his great inner compartment with zippered storage pocket, an insulated pocket for your iPad or tablet, external pocket for your phone, two hidden security pockets for your keys and credit card, plus a water bottle holder.
It’s perfect for daily use and has a 6-month free replacement warranty on Amazon. The many different color combinations are also worth checking out. Each one strap backpack should be light in weight for comfort reasons.
What more can you ask for?
10. Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger
- Perfect Purchase for a Gift
- Great craftsmanship
- A Must Buy Item
- Main compartment: 18.5" high x 11" wide x 4" thick with internal organization
- Top front: 9" wide x 4.5" high x 2" thick with internal organization
- Bottom front: 10" high x 9" wide x 2" thick with internal organization
- Approximate Capacity: 1100 cu. in.
Before you fall in love with the Maxpedition Kodiak Gearslinger, we must warn you. It’s one of the most expensive single strap backpacks there is — but for a good reason.
At well over $130 on Amazon, you’ll have no doubts when it comes to its overall durability. It has YKK zippers, military grade nylon webbing and Duraflex buckles for maximum strength and functionality.
It has a main compartment that’s 18.5x11x4 inches, two front pockets with dividers, and large 1000 Denier Nylon panels.
Definitely army standards, particularly as it comes in khaki, green and black, and is also highly water-resistant.
11. Condor Ambidextrous Sling Bag
- Ambidextrous shoulder/waist strap for left and right hand usage
- Double zipper pulls on all 3 compartments
- Heavy duty webbing over entire pack and inside of main compartment for attachment
- 2 outer compartment with multiple pockets and slots to keep things organized
- Zipper Closure Concealment Pockets, with hook and loop panel
- Hydration Compatible
- Total dimensions: 18" x 13" x 7"; 1525 cubic inches; 25 Liters
If you want a heavy duty single strap backpack without complicated features, check out the Condor Ambidextrous Sling Bag.
It has three compartments with double zippers, including a built-In hydration compatible pocket and a hook and loop panel. You’re bound to find it very useful and sturdy for cross-country trips at 18x13x7 inches.
While it can store heavy objects and survive everyday use with no visible tearing, it’s not exactly water repellent. It only comes in three colors: khaki, green and black.
12. Adidas Capital Sling Backpack
The Adidas Capital Sling Backpack is what you sporty fellas have been waiting for. We love its LoadSpring shock-absorbing strap that eases the weight and is easily adjustable for a comfortable fit.
This single strap backpack is made of 100% polyester and is very lightweight at 13x20x15 inches.
It has two main compartments, a padded sleeve perfect for your fragile gadgets, and another zippered pocket for smaller items.
Did we mention that its base is made of water-resistant material? It’s admittedly a bit more on the pricey side. Then again, you probably won’t mind due to its features, durability and striking sporty color combinations for men and women.
Check out its seven different styles and colors, including pink and blue.
13. Victorinox Altmont Dual-Compartment Monosling
- Shoulder strap length: 36"
- Handle has a drop of 3" and a length of 8"
- Large exterior pocket
- Small exterior pocket
Among the many single strap backpacks on this list, the Victorinox Altmont 3.0 Dual-Compartment Monosling looks the classiest.
It works best for the right shoulder, although it can also be worn on the left. The body is triangular-shaped and lightweight, measuring 19.5x13x inches, for people on the go.
It only has two small pockets, a third strap compartment for your phone and/or wallet, and no inner pocket. Overall, a good choice if you don’t have much to bring with you but want that hands-free crossbody aspect.
It comes in six toned down colors: black, gray, navy, green-black, navy-black and red-black.
14. Coreal Short Travel Backpack
- Nylon,waterproof and lightweight.
- 15.7"(H)*10.6"(L)*3.9"(W);Capacity about 10L
- Attach keys,cell phone,Mini iPad,light water bottles and various other items.
- Ideal for outdoor sports (hiking,camping,climbing,cycling,etc) and travel use.
- Side pockets and Padded and adjustable shoulder straps(Suitable left shoulder or right shouder).
The Coreal Short Trip Crossbody Backpack, like the Victorinox sling, also looks simple and classy. It’s made of nylon and waterproof material, making it very ideal for outdoor adventures and sports.
The dimensions of this highly affordable single strap backpack is 15.7×10.6×3.9 inches (about 10L). That makes it perfect for your gadgets, light water bottles and other daily necessities
Its lefty and righty friendly strap are adjustable and padded for your comfort.
The ladies will have more colors to choose from with vibrant hues like fuschia pink, sky blue, orange, and purple.
15. Under Armour Compel Sling Backpack
- UA Storm gear uses a DWR finish to repel water without sacrificing breathability
- Soft lined laptop sleeve-holds up to 15" laptop
- Adjustable, padded, HeatGear crossbody strap for total comfort
- Water-resistant UA Storm valuables pocket
- Front zip organization pocket
The Under Armour Compel Sling 2.0 Backpack could be school bag or plane carry-on that you’re desperately looking for.
Not only is it spacious with 19x13x6-inch storage, but it also has an internal soft-lined sleeve that can hold a 15-inch laptop. It boasts of its UA Storm gear with a DWR finish.
This material makes the bag water-resistant (more protection for your gear!) yet breathable.
It has an adjustable padded crossbody strap, a water-resistant UA Storm pocket and another zippered pocket on the front.
Even with all these luxury features, it’s still convenient to use and very lightweight.
It comes in three monochromatic colors: black, stealth gray and steel/graphite.
Choosing the Best Single Strap Backpack
We hope this comprehensive list of reviews for some of the best single strap backpacks out in the market today helps you find the right bag for someone like you who’s always on the go.
Each has a wide variety of features, making them very ideal for your outdoor trips, quick leisure travel, or even both.
You can find more details for each – such as the price, ratings and more consumer reviews – under each item.
Which one’s your favorite?
Go ahead and leave us comments below for any additional reviews that you may have for any of the single strap backpacks on this list.
If you have something even better, make sure you share it with us too!