It’s hard to imagine going just one day without the Internet, and that’s the reason why we now have it at home. Also, as a dedicated Wifi user, you must have noticed that there are certain ‘gray areas’ where the signal is either weak or doesn’t reach altogether. Not to mention when the WiFi signal is lost completely. That is where the best wifi extender comes in; they are designed to help boost wifi range to make sure that the signal is accessible everywhere from your house.
Now the question is which extender you should get?
We had done the groundwork for you and present you a list of the ten best wifi range extender reviews 2017.
- 10 Best Wifi Extender Reviews 2017
- 1. NETGEAR N300 (EX2700) Wi-Fi Range Extender
- 2. Securifi Almond Touchscreen WiFi Range Extender/Wireless Router
- 3. TP-Link N300 (TL-WA850RE) Wi-Fi Extender
- 4. Medialink (MWNWAPR300N) WiFi Range Extender/Router
- 5. NEXTGEAR N300 (WN3000RP) Wall Plug WiFi Extender
- 6. NETGEAR AC750 (EX6100) WiFi Range Extender w Gigabit Ethernet
- 7. TP-Link AV500 WiFi Extender, Powerline Edition
- 8. NETGEAR N600 (WN3500RP) WiFi Range Extender
- 9. D-Link AC750 (DAP-1520) WiFi Range Extender
- 10. NETGEAR Nighthawk (EX7000-100NAS) AC1900 Desktop WiFi Extender
- How to Choose the Best Cheap WiFi Extender
10 Best Wifi Extender Reviews 2017
|Product||Speed||LAN Ports||Wireless Compatability||Rating||Price|
|300Mbps||One (1) fast Ethernet port||802.11 bgn 2.4 GHz|
|Securifi Almond Touchscreen||300Mbps MIMO||1 WAN port + 2 LAN||802.11 bgn||$89.99|
|TP-Link N300||300Mbps||1 LAN Port||802.11 bgn||from $11.99|
|Medialink (MWNWAPR300N)||300 Mbps||10/100Mbps LAN ports||802.11bgn, 2.4 GHz||$17.65|
|NETGEAR N300 (WN3000RP)||300Mbps||1 LAN Port||802.11bgn, 2.4 GHz||$38.46|
|NETGEAR AC750 (EX6100)||750Mbps||1 LAN Port||802.11 bgn||$34.99|
|TP-Link AV500||300 Mbps||2 Ethernet Ports||2.4 GHz||$59.90|
|NETGEAR N600 (WN3500RP)||6000 Mbps||1 LAN Port + USB 2.0||2.4 GHz and 5GHz||from $167.78|
|D-Link AC750 (DAP-1520)||750 Mbps||No Ethernet ports||2.4 GHz and 5GHz||$23.99|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk||1900 Mbps||5 Gigabit Ports + USB 3.0||1GHz||$115.68|
If you think your WiFi in the house isn’t high enough, you can always improve the connectivity with using the best WiFi extender.
Many people reported tremendous benefits using these devices. These extenders are relatively small in dimensions, so it won’t be a problem to install it.
Never have connectivity problems again!
Here is the list of the best wifi extender reviews:
1. NETGEAR N300 (EX2700) Wi-Fi Range Extender
Poor WiFi signal affects mobile devices the most and the NETGEAR N300 (EX2700) WiFi Range Extender can easily sort this problem.
This wireless range extender is designed to extend WiFi reach to devices and smartphones like the PlayStation3, iPhone 5, iPad2 and Samsung Galaxy S3.
It is also packaged in a straightforward and easy plug-to-wall design.
The product dimensions are 2.2 (W) by 1.3 (L) and 2.6 (H) inches. The extender type is an 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz wireless Radio Frequency and it can extend WiFi reach by 300Mbps.
The NETGEAR WiFi extender is universally compatible and works well with any standard gateway or router.
It also features a fast speed Ethernet Port enabling connection to wired devices.
External antennas are included to enhance performance. Some of its other technical specifications also include: N300 performance and it features a software switch access point.
In collaboration with the NETGEAR WiFi Analytics App, you can also check for WiFi strength all around your home and plug in the range extender at the weakest point.
2. Securifi Almond Touchscreen WiFi Range Extender/Wireless Router
- 95% of customers SET IT UP IN 3 MINUTES using Touchscreen Wizard; World's 1st TOUCHSCREEN Router
- NO PC/Mac/CD needed for Setup or Management
- MULTI PURPOSE USAGE: Use as primary WiFi Router or Range Extender or Access Point or Wireless Bridge - No built-in DSL modem
- UNIVERSAL RANGE EXTENDER MODE: Compatible with any existing router (eg: Netgear, Linksys, Belkin etc.); COMPATIBLE WITH PC, Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android, XBOX
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY and UNLIMITED TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Technical Support: +1 (855) 969 7328 or [email protected]
The best WiFi Extender is easy to set up, and the Securifi Almond Touchscreen WiFi Range Extender/Wireless Router fits the mold with its 3-minute setup.
The multipurpose device functions as a wireless, bridge, wireless router, access point, and WiFi range extender. It features a touchscreen display which allows users to set it up using the included Touch Screen Wizard. Management of the device is also possible to right from the touchscreen interface.
It is universally compatible with existing routers as well as PCs, Android, iPhone, Mac and XBOX devices.
Security is of utmost importance with this device, and it comes fully secure right of the box. However, each unit is shipped with a random name, password and unique (SSID), which the user can then personalize.
With the Wireless Bridge function, connecting your old Ethernet-based TV or PC to WiFi networks is possible.
Its technical specifications also include 802.11 bgn wireless radio frequency, 300Mbps MIMO, 5V and 1A power supply, 2 antennas, 1 WAN port + 2 LAN, Port Forwarding, UPnP, Firewall, and DMZ.
The product’s measurements are 1.9 (W) by 4.8 (L) by 4.3 (H) inches.
3. TP-Link N300 (TL-WA850RE) Wi-Fi Extender
- Range Extender mode boosts wireless signal to previously unreachable or hard-to-wire areas flawlessly
- Miniature size and wall-mounted design make it easy to deploy and move flexibly
- Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of Range Extender button
- Ethernet port allows the Extender to function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices, Compatible with other 802.11n/g/b products
- Tether App allows easy access and management using any mobile device, LED Control function includes a Night Mode for peaceful sleep
Ask any tech junkie and WiFi dead zones are their biggest nightmare. The TP-Link N300 (TL-WA850RE) WiFi Range Extender was designed to help with.
It boosts signals to previously hard-to-wire or unreachable areas.
The device also comes packaged in in a wall-mounted miniature design or flexibility of movement. The extender’s measurements are 6.2 (W) by 4 (L) by 3.4 (H) inches. To use it, just plug it in, no cables or wires are required.
It can help to expand wireless coverage using the onboard Range Extender switch. It also features an Ethernet Port transforming the device into an adapter and enabling connection to wired devices.
The wireless range extender has a 300Mbps speed and is compatible with 802.11 bgn products.
You can easily track and manage your mobile device using a Tether App. A LED control feature also enables you to enjoy peaceful sleep with the Night Mode.
- An ideal and secure way to add a wireless internet connection to your standard-sized home or small office, with wireless connection speeds of up to 150 Mbps. Easily browse the web, transfer files, check E-mails, chat on Skype, play online games, stream YouTube videos and more (2.4GHz wireless-N technology)
- Internal antenna and wall mounting ability lets you enjoy the internet, without stressing over tangled cables or clutter. Included step-by-step installation CD makes configuring the router simple. Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization technology delivers smooth performance for music, voice and video.
- Supports all of the latest wireless security features, like encryption methods and firewall, protecting your network against unauthorized access and malicious attacks. Parents and network administrators can manage internet filtering and bandwidth control for specific devices.
- 2 Ethernet WAN port and 4 interchangeable 10/100 Mbps LAN ports, for direct computer connections. Front panel LED indicators make it easy to identify that status of your connection. Complies with wireless standards, works with all operating systems (Mac, PC, Linux, etc)
- WHQL Certified by Microsoft to be compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000 (also supports Mac, Windows 8, Linux, and others that do not offer certification). Backwards compatible with older Wi-Fi networks and 802.11b/g devices.
Another aspect that makes gets an extender ranked as the best WiFi Extender booster is multi-purpose functionality.
The Medialink (MWNWAPR300N) WiFi Range Extender also functions as a router.
The device comes packed in a wall-mount design with two internal antennas saving on space. It also features LED’s showing the connection status, and its transmission speed can reach 300 Mbps. It comes with four 10/100Mbps LAN ports enabling wired connection.
It supports 802.11 bgn products running on 2.4GHz. The extender is WEP, WPS, WPA and WPA2 secured.
It also supports PPPoE, L2TP, Dynamic, PPTP and Static connections.
5. NEXTGEAR N300 (WN3000RP) Wall Plug WiFi Extender
- Ideal for extending WiFi to devices like the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, iPad 2, and PlayStation 3. External antennas for better WiFi coverage
- Extends wireless coverage, universal compatibility. Reduce mobile data plan charges by connecting to WiFi. May not be compatible with WiFi routers or gateways whose ﬁrmware has been altered or changed, including without limitation certain open source routers, or other WiFi routers or gateways with non-standard or outdated ﬁrmware
- Easy to install - no CD required. TCP/IP, DHCP server and client, DNS relay. Extends wireless coverage, universal compatibility
- Fast Ethernet port to connect home A/V devices to the network
- Smart LED indicators helps find the best location for optimal WiFi coverage
Like the best WiFi extender is designed, the N300 (WN300RP) Wall Plug WiFi Extender also helps to expand WiFi reach to smartphones and other devices reducing on mobile data plans.
Also, the device is universally compatible with standard WiFi routers. Its installation is easy, just plug it in the wall, no Cds are required for installation. The device measurements are 7.1 (W) by 5.8 (L) by 4 (H) inches.
It also features Smart LEDs to help with positioning for optimum coverage. The best wifi extender features a fast speed Ethernet port enabling connection to wired A/V devices. For better coverage, external antennas are included.
Its other technical specifications also include a 2.4 GHz WiFi Band and N300 performance.
6. NETGEAR AC750 (EX6100) WiFi Range Extender w Gigabit Ethernet
- Ideal for extending WiFi to devices like the iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S5, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
- Dual band WiFi up to 750 Mbps
- Supports new 802.11ac & b/g/n WiFi devices
- External antennas for better performance, Access Point mode creates a WiFi hotspot using a wired Ethernet connection
- Convenient wall-plug design
- Works with any WiFi router
- FastLane Technology - Use both Wi-Fi bands to establish one super high-speed connection; ideal for HD streaming & gaming
Staying true to NETGEAR device functionality, this such compact WiFi Extender with Ethernet port will also help extend WiFi networks to gadgets and smartphones around your home.
It extends WiFi dual band reach to 750Mbps. The connection of wired devices such as Smart TVs and Blu-ray players is possible through the included Gigabit Ethernet. The device is fitted with external antennas, and this increases WiFi speed and coverage.
An Access Point function is also included transforming the device into a hotspot via wired Ethernet connections.
The extender makes use of FastLane Technology and utilizes both bands forming a single high-speed WiFi connection. Also, that makes it ideal for gaming and HD streaming.
The device measurements are 7.1 (W) by 5.7 (L) by 4 (H) inches. It comes packaged in a wall-plug design for easy installation and mobility.
It is also designed to help you monitor your WiFi network status including signal strength and identify crowded channels. Overall, this wifi extender dual band can be a great option.
7. TP-Link AV500 WiFi Extender, Powerline Edition
- Expands networks through electrical wiring with Powerline technology. Power Consumption - Maximum: 7.608W, Typical: 7.216W, Standby: 4.610W; Dimensions ( W x D x H ): 3.7 x 2.1 x 1.6 in. (94×54×40mm)
- Provides greater flexibility, speed, and stability than traditional range extenders, Two Ethernet ports for connecting devices such as TVs, game consoles, and PCs.This is compatible with any home powerline circuit on the same breaker
- Sets up in minutes in any wall outlet thanks to Wi-Fi Clone Button. Please ensure the adapters are connected on the same circuit
- Wired speeds up to 500Mbps and wireless speeds up to 300Mbps for lag-free HD video streaming and online gaming
- System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Mac, Linux
- Ideal for extending more powerline and increase network coverage to hard-to-reach areas in the home
- The theoretical maximum channel data transfer rate is derived from HomePlug AV2 specifications. Actual data transfer rate will vary from network environment including: distance, network traffic, noise on electrical wires, building material and construction, quality of electrical installation and other adverse conditions.
The Tp-Link AV500 WiFi Extender, Powerline Edition is designed to expand networks via electrical wiring.
The package also features two adapters. To set it up connect plug one to a wall outlet and your router via an Ethernet cable. Plug in the second adapter and connect any device to it via an Ethernet cable as well.
The powerline adapter automatically establishes an AV500 connection after detecting these links.
The Clone Button also enables the device to plug into any wall outlet. The powerline technology this extender uses offers better stability and speed.
The device can boost speed to 500 Mbps for wired devices and 300Mbps for wireless devices. 2 Ethernet ports are included an enabling connection to PCs, TVs, and game consoles.
I also expand home Ethernet to hard-to-reach places via the HomePlug AV Technology.
The device measurements are 7.2 (W) by 5.4 (H) by 3.4 (H) inches.
Thus, this wifi extender with ethernet port has to be a perfect option when buying one that will serve you for a long time.
8. NETGEAR N600 (WN3500RP) WiFi Range Extender
- Ideal for extending WiFi to devices like the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, iPad 2, and PlayStation 3
- Extends dual band WiFi coverage
- Works with any standard WiFi router or gateway
- Wirelessly stream music to your audio system
- Compatible with AirPlay
- FastLane Technology - Use both WiFi bands to establish one super high-speed connection; ideal for HD streaming & gaming
Regular tablet and gaming users know that getting a decent WiFi connection on these devices is often an issue. That’s where the NETGEAR N600 (WN3500RP) WiFi Range Extender comes in because it is designed to help extend the connection reach to these devices.
The extender also works flawlessly with standard WiFi gateways or routers. It also works well with AirPlay.
The device feathers dual band connectivity extending to 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. So, if you are looking for a wifi extender 5ghz, you have found it.
It also significantly reduced on wireless interference. An Ethernet port is included enabling connectivity to Blu-ray players and smart TVs.
The N600 Extender uses the NETGEAR Fastlane Technology making use of both of the WiFi bands creating a super high-speed connection. The created super connection works quite well for gaming as well as HD streaming.
The device measurements are 11.6 (W) by 9.8 (L) by 2.6 (H) inches.
9. D-Link AC750 (DAP-1520) WiFi Range Extender
- Extend the coverage of your home's existing wireless network
- Up to 750 Mbps (300 Mbps -2.4GHz and 433 Mbps - 5GHz)
- High-speed wireless AC connectivity for your laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Easily add dual band coverage to your existing single band router
- Compatible with any wireless router brand
- Wall plug design is compact, portable and does not require additional power cables
- WPA2/WPA wireless encryption to keep your wireless connection secure
One of the other aspects that make up the best WiFi extender is the coverage boost offered.
The D-Link AC750 (DAP-1520) WiFi Range Extender offers up to 750 Mbps coverage increase. It also provides Ac wireless connectivity to tablets, laptops, and smartphones. It will also give your one band router a dual band boost.
The device measurements are 2.2 (W) by 1.4 (L) by 3.6 (H) inches.
It works well with standard wireless routers. Its wall-plug design makes it easy to set up as well as reduces the need for additional power cords. It uses WPA/WPA2 encryption keeping your connection secure.
The device makes use of WPS (WiFi Protection Setup) to enhance set up security by simply pressing a button.
10. NETGEAR Nighthawk (EX7000-100NAS) AC1900 Desktop WiFi Extender
- Ideal for extending WiFi to devices like the iPhone 6S, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, iPad Air 2, and MacBook Pro
- Extreme dual band WiFi speed - up to 1.9Gbps
- 700 mW high-power amplifiers & high-gain 5dBi antennas for maximum WiFi coverage
- Dual core 1GHz processor for max WiFi performance. WiFi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect all your wired devices
- FastLane Technology - Use both WiFi bands to establish one super high-speed connection; ideal for HD streaming & gaming
- BROWN BOX models NOT VALID for this item when sold as New, should report to Amazon immediately and RETURN to Seller
The best WiFi extender is also designed to help a user track their WiFi status and quickly troubleshoot network problems. That is what the NetGear Nighthawk (EX7000-100NAS) AC1900 Desktop WiFi Extender will help you with.
The Nighthawk extender will help extend WiFi reach to Apple devices such as MacBook computers, tablets, and Android smartphones.
Also, the device offers Two WiFi functions and extends existing connection or forms an AC access point.
The device measurements are 12.1 (W) by 10.2 (L) by 3.3 (H) inches.
It offers dual band speed reaching up to 1.9 Gbps.
Three high-power 5dBi and high-gain amplifier external antennas are included for maximum coverage. The device also features 5 Gb Ethernet ports enabling connection to wired devices.
It uses FastLane technology to form a high-speed super connection ideal for gaming and HD streaming.
The device can extend dual band connectivity reaching up to 1900 Mbps speeds and in turn reduce wireless interference. The AC1900 also works with an Android App to help you optimize your home WiFi connection.
First of all, it is possible to transform any printer into an AirPrinter enabling you to print from your Apple devices easily.
Its setup can be quite challenging, but once its up and running it is undoubtedly one of the best wifi extenders.
How to Choose the Best Cheap WiFi Extender
To sum it all up, our ten best WiFi extender reviews list offers you an insight on what sets each wireless extender apart from the other.
However, which WiFi extender is right for you?
First things first, it is important to find out your particular need.
Do you have dead zones all around your house or is it at a specific point? What devices do you need to extend WiFi coverage to?
Once you can answer these questions, you will be able to know your specific need. You might have to carry out WiFi coverage tests to determine what areas in your house need a range boost.
The quick and easy wall-plug wireless extenders will work just fine for home users.
Maybe you might want to enable your older Ethernet-based devices to connect to the internet. In that case, you’ll want to get a WiFi extender that comes with an Ethernet port allowing wired connection.
Distance is equally important, and this is determined by how big your house is. Bottomline you want an extender that can get through obstructions to boost WiFi all over your house.
Speed is equally important, and you should decide just how much speed boost you need.
The speed of the extender should also correspond with your router’s speed to function well.
Last but not least, the price is extremely important when getting an extender and the best wifi extender will always offer value for your money.