Not that long ago, home security and especially video surveillance was a thing we only saw on TV, when watching shows about rich peoples’ homes. These systems were so expensive, that common, everyday private usage was pretty much unthinkable. Now, however, the tables have turned. Due to the enormous advancement in technology especially in the last decade, the drop in prices and the vast field of possibilities to choose from, the home security and video surveillance systems have become extremely affordable and available, while keeping the cost at bay. There are wireless security cameras that cost merely next to nothing, and whole video surveillance systems that cost less than a high-class smartphone.
A lot of wireless security cameras for the home have become affordable. Their usefulness in deterring crimes has also been proven to be effective. For these reasons, most homeowners have regarded them as a necessary equipment to own. For less than $100 you can own a wireless home security camera equipped with basic features and good resolution. The more expensive equipment will often but not necessarily have more features and better resolutions. There are however low priced wireless security cameras that come with high-end features.
15 Best Wireless Security Cameras Reviews
|Product||Video Quality||Angle/Tilt View||Indoor/Outdoor||Rating||Price|
|1080p full HD||130°||Indoor|
|YI Dome Camera||720p HD||112°||Indoor||$37.99|
|Zmodo Smart||720p HD||77°||Indoor/Outdoor||$109.99|
|Wansview WiFi||1080p full HD||340° x 90°||Indoor||$59.99|
|NETGEAR Arlo||720p HD||130°||Indoor/Outdoor||from $99.91|
| ||Vimtag VT-361||720p HD||320° x 120°||Indoor||from $159.95|
| ||Blink Home||720p HD||110°||Indoor||$229.99|
| ||Ouvis Veezon VZ1||720p HD||355° x 90°||Indoor||$45.50|
| ||Amcrest IP2M-841||1080p HD||90°||Indoor||$69.99|
|TENVIS JPT3815W-HD||720p HD||340° x 90°||Indoor||$41.95|
| ||Kodak CFH-V10||720p HD||77°||Indoor||$99.99|
| ||Dericam S1||720p HD||355° x 90°||Outdoor||$139.99|
| ||KAMTRON HD||720p HD||62°||Indoor||$59.99|
1. Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera
This is one of the best wireless security cameras available on the market at the moment.
It comes with a 130o wide-angle lens, 1080p full HD, motion detection, night vision and two-way audio.
Naturally, there is a way to connect wireless security camera 1080p to your mobile device, so alerts and video feed are always within your grasp. If you just subscribe to the Nest Aware service, you will get 24/7 continuous recording for 10 or 30 days. Otherwise, you have 24/7 video streaming available, but no records are kept.
The only negative side so far it the price, but having in mind that we are talking about a high-quality product, one must weigh the many pros against the very few cons, and make an informed decision.
Features and Specifications:
Sleek Design – The glossy black camera is mounted on a metal stand with the magnetic base to make camera stable. Metal base also supports legs that pivot and attached to the lens. On top of the lens is a LED light.
Audio and Video – It is equipped with high definition 1080p video at 30fps displaying sharp images of people and objects. Clear video can be recorded during the day, especially with low light. Night vision is modest. Field of view is a good 1300 allowing you to have a view of an entire room. With the app, video or images can be zoomed to up to 8 times. This camera can also detect motion.
This wireless camera is equipped with a two-way audio system. You can talk to someone through the camera using your smartphone.
Live Streaming and Storage – You can have a live stream anytime through the app in your smartphone, tablet or PC. With a subscription, you can have video history of between 10-30 days through the Cloud.
Convenient Operation – Set up is fast and easy. QR code that needs to be scanned connects to your WiFi connection. This security system comes with a user-friendly app. Motion detection can be set in “activity zones” (specific locations). If any motion or sound are detected, you will receive an alert on your smartphone, tablet, PC or through email. When the camera is trying to connect to a net LED on top of the lens flashes in blue and became a steady green when recording.
✓ Excellent video and image quality at 1080p during day and night
✓ Easy to set up
✓ Clear images and videos even with low light
✓ Highly dependable motion detection
✗ Added features need subscriptions
✗ Motion detection notifications only once every 30 minutes
2. YI Dome Camera
- 720p High-definition, 112° wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345° horizontal & 115° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage. Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
- Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way Audio experience. Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time or Hands-free Mode: both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
- Receive real-time Activity Alerts while you're out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object. Bookmark your favorite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button. Select Auto-Cruise to survey the area 360° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks, suitable for large areas that need a quick scan (and tracks moving objects).
- YI Dome integrates with your YI Home family in one simple interface. User-friendly and intuitive app to customize your settings: activity alerts, auto-cruise, bookmarks, camera sharing, customize schedules, and more. Supports connectivity to a large number of devices with the same app/account for maximum convenience. Available for iOS and Android.
- Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from an SD card, ensure all your videos are safe, secure and protected. We provide the most efficient compression and the highest protection of data, so you can be sure that your footage is safe and secure. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home App on mobile device, and YI Home App on PC at anytime, anywhere. Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band.
- Note: the firmware version must match your camera version. You can flash a Chinese version camera with any other version of firmware and power-on it, but it can never be paired.
Affordability, thy name be “YI”… This is one of the wireless security cameras available on the market, which delivers serious specs and possibilities, at a merely ridiculous price.
It combines an 112o wide-angle lens with a 345o horizontal and 115o vertical rotation to provide a full 360o coverage of the area.
The microphone has a built-in anti-noise filter, which improves the two-way audio experience, while the unobtrusive advanced night vision system makes this camera an ideal choice for a baby monitor. This wireless security camera with night vision can be mounted on the ceiling, on the wall, on vertically standing. Motion detection sensor and smartphone connectivity boxes have also been ticked.
No cloud storage options are available at the moment, but the video can be saved locally on a microSD card.
The user can set “bookmarks” which are essentially preset for desired angles of coverage since the lens can be moved to provide a 360o coverage.
The only negative side (if it may even be considered as a negative) is the 720p HD video stream. But for prices at around $50, what more could anyone possibly want?
Features and Specifications:
360° Coverage – This security camera will give you a full 3600 coverage without any blind spots. It rotates horizontally at 3450 and vertically at 1150. It has a wide angle lens of 1120.
Audio and Video – It comes with a two-way audio system so you can connect with your family through live streaming. It also includes a clear and responsive microphone which filters unnecessary noise for uninterrupted audio communication.
Clear video with high definition 720p resolution. It is equipped with 8 non-invasive 940nm LEDS (infrared) for shooting night vision of up to a range of 3 meters.
Convenient Operations – This security camera can be vertically installed, wall or ceiling mounted. It pans, tilts and zooms. For the full safety of your family, this security camera comes with the Motion Detection Algorithm. Once motion is detected, the App gets an alert after 10 seconds. You can choose to go on panoramic auto-cruise at 3600 horizontally. You can also bookmark and store 8 positions you feel should be closely monitored.
Integrated App – The YI Home App allows you full monitoring of your home. The app allows you to monitor multiple YI Home cameras.
Storage Options – Local storage of videos and detected motions through 32G MicroSD card. It can accommodate up to 80 hours of continuous video recording. YI Cloud storage is also available so you do not lose any footage.
✓ Low-cost home security solution
✓ Easy to set up and use
✓ Tilt, pan, zoom and audio communication features
✓ Can zoom in a specific location
✗ App requires a lot of Administrative and Security permissions to use
3. Zmodo Smart Wireless Security Cameras
- Zmodo Cloud Service - All users are eligible for a 1-month free cloud of our 7 day cloud recording plan. Cloud Service requires no subscription and no credit card credentials. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time, and reduce false alerts with cloud intelligence.
- IP65 Weatherproof - This weatherproof camera can be placed both indoors and outdoors, with a supported temperature range from -10℃ to 50℃. Protect every inch of your home through every season.
- Always Stay Connected - Seamlessly stream video remotely via the mobile Zmodo app for iOS and Android or via Internet browser on user.zmodo.com anywhere anytime. Receive intelligent motion alerts on your mobile phone when motions detected. Playback motion videos to check for the missed moments. Improved motion detection enables you to set a motion detection zone on the area you care about .
- IR Night Vision - Equipped with infrared lights and IR cut, the camera can automatically switch to black and white night vision view when in the dark to ensure you a crystal view. The night vision sensitivity is adjustable. You can share the device to your family and your friends on the app to enjoy the happy moments in your house.
- Easy and Quick Setup - Zink. Power on the camera and download Zmodo app from Google Store or Apple Store, one click to complete the network configuration without additional setup. Connectivity: IP/Network-2.4GHz Wireless (Incompatible with 5GHz). 3-year limited warranty, including 60-day of return for refund warranty. Lifetime US-based tech support.
Keeping up with the affordability theme, here we have the representatives from Zmodo. Extremely easy to set up, the expandable system by adding more cameras, 720p HD quality video stream, motion detection sensor, night vision, mobile device app, indoor and outdoor usage, low price.
That ticks pretty much all the checkboxes, right?
The relatively small viewing angle of 77o is the one thing that spoils the great first impression.
Features and Specifications:
Easy and Fast Set Up – This security camera easily sets up with Smartlink (wireless set-up technology). Access the link and key in the password and in seconds the camera gets configured to your network connection. No set up is required to sync camera with your smartphone (Android 4.0 and newer models and the iOS 7.0 and newer models).
Audio and Video – It comes with a high definition camera with a 720p image with 2.8mm lens. It is capable of a 770 diagonal view. Night vision through infrared light is up to 80 feet.
Convenient Operation – You can have a view of what is going on in your home from anywhere. Simply download the Zmodo app on your smartphone for Android and iOS. You can also have access to the security camera through user.zmodo.com. The Smart Motion Alerts on the app will send you a notification when motion or sound is detected. Alerts can also be scheduled.
✓ For indoor and outdoor use
✗ No storage option
4. Wansview 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera
- Stunning Video Image: 1920*1080P resolution at 30fps which is different from some descriptions said 1080p but 720P main-chipset of lower cost with a non-real-time 1080P video stream at 15fps.
- 2.4hz WiFi Connection: Quick WiFi setup via mobile App "Wansview" on iPhone or Andriod smartphone. Supports remote access via mobile App anywhere and anytime. And Micro SD card (max 128GB supported) for video recording and playback.Moreover, save the alarm pictures or videos to FTP/NAS and Email(only supports snapshot) which is not easy to steal by others
- Smart Pan/Tilt/Zoom: Horizontal 340 degree and vertical 90 degree with 4x digital zoom for complete coverage
- Clear Two-Way Audio & Night Vision: remotely talk and listen via mobile App even in the dark with the IR LED night vision up to 20 feet.
- No Risk of Personal Information: You have the direct connection with the camera, the camera's video wont be saved on any servers or forwarded by manufacturer. Living stream can be accessed via iOS/Android mobile devices APP, Windows PC and Apple Mac Software and http web browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome supported)
This is another member of the “affordable” family. Namely, the Wansview camera provides a 1080p full HD quality video stream, and it utilizes motion and audio detection.
It has two-way audio, Wi-Fi antenna for better signal quality and stability, night vision, mobile device app and an SD card slot support of up to 64GB card capacity.
All of this, for a price of around $80. These kinds of specs for this amount of money makes it quite difficult to point out any cons.
Features and Specifications:
Easy and Fast Set Up – Scan the QR code on the camera and download the Wansview app for your Android or iOS smartphone. Connect the IP camera to your Wired or Wireless Network
Audio and Video – This IP camera shows clear images on 1080p Pro HD at 30fps. It comes with a horizontal pan/tilt of 2900 and 1200 on vertical. It also has a digital zoom of 4 times its original image size. It is equipped with 10 IR LEDS allowing up to 26 feet of Night vision.
Featuring a two-way audio system with speaker and microphone, you can hear what is going on in your home and talk to family members, too.
Convenient Operation – This IP Camera supports Android/iOS apps. Windows, Mac and PC web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari) and Software are also supported.
This IP camera is capable of having 8 pre-locations so you can choose which areas you want the camera to concentrate on. Notifications/alerts are sent through email, (with snapshots) micro SD card or FTP server.
The camera has 3 working modes: 24/7 recording/live streaming, pre-selecting recording times and recording when sound or motion is detected.
The Wansview app allows the playback of video recorded.
Storage Options – This IP camera has a micro SD card slot (supports up to 64 GB SD card) to allow recording of video and playback.
✓ Simple set-up
✓ 10 IR LEDS for Night Vision
✗ No built-in speaker
5. Arlo Security System by NETGEAR
- Works with Amazon Alexa/Echo Show/(Fire TV coming soon!) - View your live video with a simple voice command.
- See in stunning clarity and sharper details with HD cameras and watch live streamed or recorded videos from your computer, smartphone or tablet using Arlo's free App
- Patented 100% wire-free design and magnetic mounts let you discreetly place cameras where you want and monitor your home from every possible angle
- Night vision cameras with HD clarity even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and customizable activity alerts provide real-time email or app notifications while home or away
- Indoor/Outdoor weatherproof cameras install easily for DIY security so you can even monitor the exterior of your home
NETGEAR is one of the best manufacturers in the field of communication and connectivity, and with the Arlo Security System, they do not fail to deliver excellence once again.
The Arlo wireless security cameras are small, nimble, very easy to install thanks to the magnetic mounts, and also, weatherproof, which means that they can be used outdoors as well.
Motion detection sensor, night vision, expandability by adding more cameras, smart power usage and free cloud storage round up the pros. Cons consist of the 720p HD video stream and the slightly steep price tag.
Perhaps we have the right to expect a video stream with higher quality at this price.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – These IP cameras are equipped with patented magnetic mounts. Magnetic mounts allow you to set-up the cameras in the most discreet places and in any angle you wish.
Audio and Video – High definition 720p cameras allow you to view clear live streams or video playbacks from your tablet and smartphone with the free Arlo app. HD cameras also allow Night Vision with 850 nm LEDS to a range of up to 25 feet.
Convenient Operation – This security camera system sends emails and pushes notification once motion is detected. Simultaneous multiple video streams are possible to get a full view of your home. This high definition camera can be used indoors or outdoors.
Storage Options – These IP cameras include 1 GB Cloud storage for video playback.
✓ Sleek cameras come with magnetic mounts
✓ Videos and cameras can be accessed remotely
✓ Syncs with smart home products that are AllSeen compatible
✗ Video storage is only through the web
✗ Other systems not supported by cameras
6. Vimtag VT-361 Super HD WiFi Video Monitoring Surveillance Security Camera
- Advantages: Pet Monitoring, Nanny Cam, Business Monitoring, Security, Vacation Home Monitoring, Senior Monitoring, Remote Live Video Streaming via Smart Phone, Tablet, and PC App, No browser needed
- Basics: Remote Pan and Tilt, Motion Detection Snap Shot alerts Clear Two-Way Voice built in mic and speaker, Internet Access Required Wired or Wi-Fi, No cloud Recording, Indoor Use Model, Wired Power Outlet Required
- Convenient: QR Code Scan for Super easy 4 step setup, Real Plug and Play 5 minute setup, WPS button for easy Wi-Fi connection setup, 3 times Digital Zoom, Super Clear Night Vision ,Internal SD Card slot (32 GB recommended) for video Recording and Playback
- Super: Strong and Heavy Rubber Based material, 3 Dbi Antenna for extreme reliable Wi-Fi connection, Superior high quality 3.6mm Lens H.264 video compression format with maximum clarity
- Specifications: Stunning HD Video Quality 1280 x 720p 25 fps Face to Face effect, 320 Degree x 120 degree covers every corner of your home, 12 IR LEDs for Night Vision Up to 10 Meters, Ir cut for capture love images, One million pixel high definition
Next on our list is the wireless security camera from Vimtag. Like the ones before, this camera offers 720p HD quality video stream, two-way audio, night vision, motion detection and mobile device connectivity.
It also offers remote pan/tilt controls and ability to record video on a microSD card.
The Vimtag VT-361 Super HD camera comes with a Wi-Fi antenna, for an excellent wireless connectivity and reliable data transfer. With a price tag under $100, it perfectly balances the value for money ratio.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – This security camera has a simple set-up. It is a plug and play device. Simply download the app, scan the QR code and your home security system is ready to give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
Audio and Video – This security camera shows videos in high definition 1280 x 720p resolution. Using the app on your Android or iOS smartphone you can control the tilt and pan of the camera. You can also adjust it to zoom of up to 4 times the original.
This camera also comes with a two-way radio with built-in speaker and mic allowing you to not only see who is on the other end of the camera but talk to him, too.
Versatile Device – This device is a security camera however with its built-in microphone and speaker, it can be used as a webcam for meetings and group calls.
Convenient Operation – Download the free app of this security camera and you will be able to monitor everything in your home through your Android (2.1 or above) or iOS (5.0 or above) smartphone, tablet or PC. You can configure the camera to send you alerts for any motion detection. Night Vision capability through infrared lights records videos in black and white.
This camera has a viewing area for 3200 x 1200 so you do not miss any goings on in your home while you are away. For your convenience, you can zoom, tilt or pan the camera from wherever you are using your PC, tablet or mobile devices.
Storage Options – To store recorded video, this camera includes a Micro SD slot which can support a 32 GB card.
✓ Remote pan, tilt and zoom
✓ Easy set-up
✓ Local Storage SD ready
✓ Sensitivity of motion detection can be adjusted
✗ No remote recording capabilities
✗ Only runs on AC power
7. Blink Home Security Camera System
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, WIFI cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless camera system with 2-year battery life from 2 AA Lithium batteries. Systems consist of everything you need including the Blink Sync Module, Camera(s), Wall Mount(s), Batteries and associated accessories
- SMART HOME SECURITY: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Home and pet monitoring in real time with video camera "Live View" streaming mode
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required. (Requires iOS 9.3 or Android 4.4 KitKat or higher)
At number 7 we have the video surveillance system from Blink.
It offers a very stylish, wire-free video surveillance kit that consists of three cameras that provide a video with HD quality. Batteries power the cameras and equipped with motion sensors and night vision. Mobile devices app come as standard.
More cameras can be easily added, thus expanding the functionality. One of the best selling points of this system is the cost-free cloud storage for the video recordings.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – This 3-camera kit is easy to install. Simply download the app and create an account. Plug the security camera module. When the blue light starts blinking, choose the Blink SSID on your smartphone, go back to the app, and add the cameras on your Blink system. Load the batteries on your cameras. Enter the serial numbers of the cameras for your smartphone to detect the cameras. The Synch Module of this Camera Kit can support up to 10 cameras. The cameras also have mounting options.
Audio and Video – This camera comes with a 720p resolution. It has a field of view of 1100 and can zoom in videos of up to 3 times its original view. It is also equipped with night vision through infrared lights of up to 20 feet.
Each camera is equipped with a microphone however it does not support two-way audio communications.
Convenient Operation – You can sync the cameras to your smartphone (Android and iOS) through a free mobile app. Each of the cameras will have an icon with options for live streaming, activating and deactivating motion alerts. Once motion is detected, alerts are sent to your smartphone along with a 10-second audio and video clip. These cameras are equipped with IR Night Vision capabilities.
Storage Options – 720 10-second clips can be stored for free in the cloud with the oldest clips being automatically deleted to accommodate the new ones. Clips can be downloaded on your smartphone.
✓ Water resistant
✓ 2-year battery life ( 2 AA Lithium batteries)
✓ Free cloud storage
✗ No two-way talk support
✗ No on-demand video recording
8. Ouvis Veezon VZ1
- > Quality Wireless IP Camera : This WiFi Surveillance Wireless Security Camera provides Top image capture by high-quality optics, Auto white balance and exposure, Sharp and contrast-rich night vision, IR auto switch, Remote Internet Access, SD Card Support, Motion detection & Audio detection Alarm, Alert email, Video recording, See more and cover more with 355 degree pan and 90 degree tilt, 2 way audio, Fees-Free Ouvis apps for Android/iOS/iPad/Tablet, Fees-Free PC software.
- > Enhanced Features : Easy Setup in minutes, powered by QR Scan technology; Optimized experience for Smartphone App; Enhanced WiFi Signal Performance; Multiple preset position support, you can define the position when specific event occurs or time trigger.
- > Range of Application : Ideal suited to small business, factory, home usage. you can watch room, baby, toddler, pet, elder person, with sharp HD video and contrast-rich voice.
- > High rated US Local Customer Service : We offer US local customer service, if you need any assistance, just call us or send email to us, we will respond quickly.
- > High Level Security Protection: This camera was designed to be high level protection. If you change the default password following the app guide, It can't be hacked.
The Veezon VZ1 from Ouvis is one of the most affordable wireless security cameras out there.
For a price of around $50, it offers video streaming in HD quality, a full range of motion for the lens along with presets, so that complete coverage is provided, two-way audio, motion detection, night vision, mobile device connectivity and support for a microSD card up to 32 GB.
The incredibly easy setup and the Wi-Fi antenna for keeping up a reliable connection, make the Veezon VZ1 one of the best choices for home or small office usage.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – This camera is easy to set-up through the QR Scan Technology. Simply plug-in the camera and download the free app for your smartphone. Scan and add the QE code and connect to your WiFi network.
Audio and Video – This camera provides high-quality videos and can monitor an area of up to 20 feet from the camera. It can monitor a room with its 600 angle view and is capable of a 3650 pan and tilt of 900.
It has a two-way audio system allowing you to speak to anyone within an 18 feet radius of the camera.
Convenient Operation – This camera allows remote monitoring with the free Ouvis app for PC, tablet, ipad, iOS and Android devices. Sound and motion detection is supported. When such are detected a notification is sent to your email or smartphone.
Pan and tilt functions can be remotely controlled with the PT button on the app. IR Night vision is supported by 30 feet. The camera also adjusts to night mode even during the day when the room is not bright enough.
Storage Options – The camera includes a local Micro SD card slot for audio and video recording. It can support a card of up to 64 GB or up to 145 hours of recording.
✓ No need for monthly fees to operate
✓ Highly affordable
✗ Does not support Windows phones
9. Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P
- EXPERIENCE FULL HD - Observe high-quality footage with the latest Sony image sensor, Ambarella chipset and superior HD 1080p with this wireless camera. A wide 90° angle allows you to see more detail and cover more ground to keep more of what you love safe.
- SMARTER, SAFER SECURITY - Receive intelligent alerts from your security camera to your PC or smartphone via the Amcrest View app. Record events as soon as they happen and store them on a NVR, Synology, QNAP, NAS, FTP, Blue Iris or Amcrest Cloud.
- ALWAYS RESILIENT - This IP camera offers remote pan/tilt with intelligent digital zoom to help you get an even closer look With IR LED night-vision up to 32 feet, you can keep the people and places you love safe 24/7.
- FIND SOLACE IN THE CLOUD - Amcrest Cloud was created to ensure that you don't miss a thing, no matter where you are. With an intuitive interface, you are able to live-stream your footage which enables you to play it back based on your preferences.
- SIMPLE. RELIABLE. SECURE. - At Amcrest, we want to ensure the safety of our customers, their loved ones, homes, and businesses. You'll receive a full 1-year US Warranty and Lifetime Support provided directly from Amcrest.
This representative from the Amcrest family is one of the most popular wireless security cameras on the market today. Looking at the specs, it is easy to see why this is so.
Namely, the camera provides a full HD video feed at 30 frames per second (which is a lot, because most of the full HD camera go up to 15 frames per second), while sporting a 90o wide angle lens, two-way audio, night vision, motion detection, microSD card slot for local storage, mobile and web apps developed for every Operating System out there, optional cloud storage etc.
Even lifetime support (only in the USA) is included in the price of around $90.
One of the best, high-quality products available on the market today.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – This camera is a plug and play device. With the free Amcrest View app for Android and iOS devices, scan the QR code on the camera. Connect mobile device, tablet or PC to your WiFi connection and instantly watch live videos from your IP camera from anywhere.
Audio and Video – You can view everything happening within the reach of this IP camera in full high definition 1080p at 30fps. Watch clear and crisp videos made possible by the Ambarella processor and Sony image sensor on the IP camera.
It also comes with a two-way communication capability so you can talk to anyone in your home from anywhere.
Convenient Operation – This camera is Night Vision capable within a 32 feet radius. It is equipped with 12 IR LEDs. It has a 900 viewing angle and a 3600 tilt and pan capability so you have a total view of your home. It also comes with tilt, pan and digital zoom functions. It can also zoom in images to up to 4 times its original view. Alerts are sent when motion is detected. With these features, you will definitely be on top of everything even when not home.
Storage Options – Two-way recording and playback option with the built-in Micro SD card slot and the free Amcrest Cloud Video Recording Service (4 hours’ worth).
✓ MicroSD and cloud storing options
✓ High definition 1080p image quality
✗ App is a bit outdated
✗ Weak WiFi connectivity
10. TENVIS JPT3815W-HD
- GREAT COVERAGE - Remote Control via Smart Phone: Pan/Tilt: Horizontal angle 355° ,Vertical angle 120°. Switch IP camera horizontal & vertical shooting angle by gently tapping on APP live video
- PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY 24x7 - Day/Night Surveillance with IR. Configurable Motion Detect Function to Trigger Instant Alert to You
- SETUP IS A BREEZE - Easy Installation via Smart Phone/Tablet with iMega Cam APP, Not support for PC, No Port Forwarding is Required, Plug & Play, Up Running in Minutes
- DESIGNED WITH EASE OF USE IN MIND - New iPhone/Android iMega Cam App for Live View Monitoring in Home or Anywhere in the World
- TRUE WIRELESS 2.4Ghz WIFI CAMERA - Full HD 1280 x 720 High Definition WIFI Camera. Works Anywhere Within Your 2.4G WIFI Coverage
This camera tries to deliver all the common goods at retail price.
Since what it has to offer is pretty much in the same ballpark with most of the other wireless security cameras out on the market, the somewhat unknown manufacturer sells it at a very affordable price.
The specs list includes 720p HD video stream, the ability to pan and tilt, night vision, motion detection, iOS and Android smartphone apps and a two-way audio communication.
The price is under $50, which seems quite fair, since there no other particular reasons for choosing this camera.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – Plug in the IP camera and download the free New Tenvis app on your smartphone. Create an account and the app will detect the camera. Configure your WiFi settings to sync with the camera and you are ready to watch the goings on in your home from anywhere.
Audio and Video – This camera has a 720p at 30fps high definition resolution video quality. It comes with a 3450 horizontal pan and a 1200 vertical tilt for full coverage. Zoom, pan and tilt can be remotely controlled. This IP camera is also equipped with a two-way audio feature.
Convenient Operation – Remote viewing through the app is possible for both Android and iOS smartphones. Zoom, pan and tilt functions can be remotely controlled. It includes both manual and automatic IR Night Vision both in dark and low light environments.
When the camera detects motion, an email alert is sent with screen captures are uploaded to the FTP server.
✓ Low priced with high-end features
✓ Top quality video in 720p high definition resolution
✓ H.264 Compression Technology for fast live streaming in your mobile device
✗ Does not have a memory card slot
✗ Needs to be installed beside a power outlet
✗ Minor software problems
Last 5 Wireless Security Cameras
11. Funlux 720p HD Wireless Smart Security Camera
- 【Free Cloud Service】: All users are eligible for a 1-month free cloud of our 7 day cloud recording plan. Cloud Service requires no subscription and no credit card credentials. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time, and reduce false alerts with cloud intelligence.
- √ True 720p HD, 115° Wide Viewing Angle - 115° angle lens lets you see more of your space in true 720p without ever having to pan or tilt. Equipped with automatic IR LED, you can even remotely check if your baby is sleeping well or not during the night!
- √ Two-way Audio - Funlux security camera lets you communicate with your loved ones with built-in speaker and microphone. You can also share your device to families and friends, take and record photos to save sweet memories!
- √ Motion Detection - You will be notified with push alerts on your phone when motion is detected, enjoying peace of mind! Customize motion detection area and schedule notification time through Fulnlux app so that you can focus on things that are truly important!
- √ Please contact us via Amazon Message for any questions. You'll get 60-Day Money Back Guarantee, 2-Year Limited Warranty, Lifetime US-Based Tech Support! Note: These cameras are for indoor use only.
Hello, and welcome to the unfathomable section of our list.
The trio from Funlux offers 720p HD video through very wide-angle 115o lenses; automatic IR LED for night vision, multi-platform support, motion detection and two-way audio.
Now let’s add the 60 days return and refund policy, the two-year warranty and lifetime tech support (US only), and state the price of around $80 for this whole package. How is that even possible? Unfathomable, right?
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – This pack of 3 wireless cameras comes with an easy set-up. Simply plug in the cameras, download and install the Meshare app, follow the instructions on the screen. In a matter of minutes, your cameras are ready to monitor your home and you will be able to see everything that happens in your home while you are away.
Audio and Video – The sensor of this camera will allow you to view live streams in 720p high definition resolution. It also comes equipped with a two-way audio system so you can have a clear talk and listen to people in your home from wherever you are. It comes with built-in microphone and speaker.
Convenient Operation – Albeit compact, this camera provides high definition live streams and multiple monitoring features. It works with a free app (for Android and iOS) so you can remotely access the camera. It will send you notifications each time sound and motion are detected. Along with the notification is a screenshot or a 5-picture frame.
The camera comes with a viewing angle of 1150 and a Night Vision range of up to 30 feet. These features give you the peace of mind knowing that you are aware of everything in your home while you are out. Through the app, you can also take screenshots and record videos which you can download.
✓ Monitors your home with no need for monthly subscriptions
✗ No landscape mode in full-screen display
✗ Not rugged enough to be placed outdoors
12. VSTARCAM Wireless Security Network IP Camera
- [ REMOTE PAN TILT ] : Horizontal angle 355 degree , 80 degree vertical angle.Slide the mobile screen to change the monitoring area of 720P IP camera,everything is under your remote control,just so smart and easy!
- [ MULTI-USERS & MULTI-PLATFORM ] : VStarcam wireless webcam supports Up to 4 users monitoring at the same time. Free apps for Android and iOS,remote view the live video anywhere anytime on smartphone,ipad,PC, keep an eye on your lovers and belongs in 24 hours.
- [ MOTION DETECTION ALARM ] : VStarcam network ip Camera will send alarm information to your phone, Email or FTP and save live videos on SD card when alarming. 24-hours loop video recording,never miss a moment.
- [ TWO WAY AUDIO & NIGHT VISION ] : Built-in speaker and microphone, see,hear and speak to whom is standing in front of VStarcam home security camera directly,such as baby,pet,elderly,and thief.night vision range up to30ft,see clear even in darkness.VIDEO:https://youtu.be/J1oHZeMbREE
- [ STABLE AND SMART WI-FI CONNECTION ]: Why waste time on others' wireless camera with complicated configuration?With VStarcam wifi camera,wifi connection is so simple with "sound notification".Start and stop,play and playback the video anytime as long as you have a stable network enviroment. Email: [email protected] CALL: 18556259168
At number 12 on our list, we find the VSTARCAM camera.
This one is very similar in nature to the TENVIS camera we saw previously because it hardly has any distinguishable characteristic.
It offers 720p HD quality video, two-way audio, microSD card slot for local recording, mobile device app, motion detection and night vision.
The 70o not-so-wide lens can be panned or tilted, and the camera can be mounted on the ceiling, wall or vertically standing. The price hovers around $50, which is probably the main selling point of this camera.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – Easy 1 minute set-up through the Eye4 app. Download and install the app on your smartphone and follow the instructions on the screen.
Audio and Video – With this camera, you can view clear videos through live streaming with a viewing angle of 700 at 720p high definition resolution. This camera also comes with a built-in microphone and speaker to complete a two-way audio system. It is compatible with smartphones, Windows PCs and tablets. It does not support the Mac OS.
Convenient Operation – You can remotely control its pan, tilt and digital zoom. It is also equipped with Night Vision via 12 LEDS with a range of up to 10 meters.
Motion detection is programmable with auto recording and alert notifications. The Eye4 Technology allows video, audio, screenshot and recording. Night Vision through infrared is within a 10-meter radius. Record and playback with ease via mobile app, PC or SD card. Giving you peace of mind while you are away is what this camera does best.
Storage Options – Local storage through built-in SD slot.
✓ Motion detection alerts through app or email
✓ Night Vision support
✓ Two-way audio system
✓ Remote control of tilt and pan
✗ 720p resolution is only with the IE browser
✗ Does not support the Apple Mac OS
13. Kodak CFH-V10
- Lifetime 1-Day Cloud Storage - Look back on recorded video clips from the past 24 hours (included)
- HD video quality - Watch and listen to live or recorded HD video with 2-way audio, and night vision
- Motion-triggered notifications - Get alerts delivered instantly to your smartphone or tablet
- Integrated features - Enjoy a built-in Wi-Fi extender and internal antenna for expanded coverage
- Premium plans - Reduce false alarms with Smart Detection, 14-Day or 30-Day Cloud Storage plans
This one is small but feisty and packs quite a punch.
And also, there is a very strong name behind it. Welcome to the intelligent surveillance world of Kodak.
This small warrior delivers 720p HD quality video, two-way audio, night vision and a highly sophisticated motion detection algorithm. More to it, it offers 128-bit SSL end-to-end protection.
Explained in plain English, this means that the security of the transferred video stream is on an extremely high level.
There is a lifetime 1-Day Cloud Storage included in the price so that you don’t miss a thing. Premium plans include a 14 or 30-day cloud storage and full utilization of the Smart Detection algorithms.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – Plug and play device with fast and easy 5-minute set-up. Download and install (free) on your mobile device and you are ready to monitor your home and family from anywhere.
Audio and Video – View your home and what your kids are doing while you are at work or someplace else with 720p high definition video streaming. Listen and talk to them through a two-way audio system.
Convenient Operation – Never miss anything from home while on the go. Get high definition video streaming on your tablet and/or smartphone of what your kids are doing at real-time or if anyone has intruded the privacy of your home. Get notifications for any motion detected by the camera. All these are at the tip of your fingers through the free the iSecurity+ app for Android and iOS mobile devices. Daylight and Night vision capabilities are powered by the CMOS imaging sensor.
Storage Options – Playback recorded video clips (motion detected) through a lifetime Cloud storage access (available for 24 hours).
✓ Excellent picture and sound quality
✓ Hassle-free set-up
✓ Motion detection notifications
✓ Pan and tilt are motorized
✗ App does not work well with iPad
14. Dericam S1
- 【New 2018 Version】Dericam Wireless Outdoor IP camera with 960P solution at 25 fps ,4x optical Zoom lens, Support 2.4G wifi with powerful 5db Antenna included .Night vision up 65 feet, Pre-Installed 16GB Memory Card that support up to 45 days Events Recording by 16GB.
- 【Complete 360 Coverage】Support 355° Horizontal Pan and 90° Vertical Tilt rotation range，you will not miss any movement . Dericam WiFi Camerais with 5ft cable ,Easy for you to go through wall when installation.
- 【Mini PTZ 4x Optical Zoom Camera 】Dericam Wireless Outdoor security camera with size 8.41*9.25 inch and 4X optical zoom ,The Zoom feature allow you to get closer and cleaner to your target , You could set up outside ,front door , warehouse to monitor your Car , belongs etc.
- 【Remote Control and View】Supports Remotely Recording and Playback by a Pre-Installed Micro SD card (16G included, supports up to 128GB ) .Available to Set Up a FTP Web Server or NAS to Store Snapshots and Video Recordings, or Email Alerts as a Free Secure Personal Cloud Server. Support Remotely viewed by IOS ,WEB ,Tablet .No any hidden cost.
- 【Easy set up and Life time Support】Easy Setup & Flexible Compatibility. Quick Setup via iOS and Android Devices by Free Dericam App. Compatible with Third-Party App like Live Cams Pro,Tinycam. Compatible with Blue Iris, Zoneminder, iSpy. Also Dericam system provide the One year warranty and Life time Support.
Unlike the most members on this list, the Dericam S1 is not trying to hide the fact that it is a video surveillance camera.
But while most of the previously mentioned wireless security cameras are for indoor use, this one is meant to be used outdoors.
It has a rugged, weatherproof body, and unlike any other camera on this list, it has a 4X optical zoom, where some of the others provide 4X digital zoom. For those of you that are unfamiliar with this terminology, the optical zoom is better, because it does not ruin the picture quality while zooming.
The digital zoom simply crops the picture and decreases the quality, to simulate zooming.
Anyway, the Dericam S1 provides a high-quality video stream (1280×960 resolution), powerful IR LEDs for crisp night vision images, motion detection and the possibility to remotely pan and tilt the lens, for optimal coverage, and a preinstalled 16 GB microSD card.
Naturally, there are mobile and web apps for better connectivity.
The price is a bit steep, around $150, but this is a very good and capable video surveillance hardware, and plus, there are no additional subscriptions or fees, so it balances itself out.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – Fast and easy set-up through the Dericam App which you can download and install on your Android and iPhone.
Audio and Video – Super clear videos with 1.3-megapixel camera and 1280 x 960P high definition resolution at 25fps. The camera is equipped with the Aptina AR0130 image sensor (high end). The camera is capable of pan, tilt and zoom (PTZ) with zoom in the capability of 4 times the original. Pan is at 3550, tilt at 900. It is equipped with varifocal lens (megapixel) and 2.8mm~12mm focus lens for a zoom of up to 3x times the original
Convenient Operation – You can have remote access to the camera, including rotations through your Android and iPhone mobile devices, tablet and PC (Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari browser compatible).
You can receive alert notifications in real-time when motion is detected through the app or email. It is also Night Vision capable within a 65 feet range. This is possible because of the 22 pcs embedded IR-LEDS. No one can escape the watchful eye of this security camera.
Storage Options – Multiple storage options for videos with motion detection. A 16GB Memory Card with a 45-day motion detected recording capacity comes pre-installed with the camera. Recorded video has a VGA 640 x 480p resolution.
✓ For indoor and outdoor use
✗ App has many bugs
15. KAMTRON HD
- KAMTRON Security Camera: Helps you stay in touch with your home anytime, anywhere. With its quick mobile setup process, you will have secure access to your camera's video stream in no time. Remote Live Video Streaming via Smart Phone, Tablet, and PC App
- Broad Field of View: Wide 62 Degree Viewing Angle, 350 Degree x 100 degree covers every corner of your home, 1 Super IR LED for Night Vision Up to 20ft, IR cut for capture love images. Supports remotely control the camera rotating to watch every corner indoor with MIPC View App.
- Easy Set-up: Scan QR Code to download MIPC View App on App Store or Google Play. Seamlessly HD video streaming and two-way audio via your smartphone, tablet, Mac and PC. Wired power outlet required. Supports Ethernet cable connection with router.
- Motion Detection and Two-way audio: Intelligent motion detection, Two-way voice built-in mic and speaker. App alerts with snapshot&record(SD Card Required) to your mobile device and you can immediately warn the invader with the speaker.
- Excellent Full HD Video: Stunning HD Video Quality 1280 x 720p 30 fps Face to Face effect, High resolution live streaming delivers you a crystal clear picture with more details to know what's going on when you're away from home.Support record and playback with local micro SD card(up to 64G)
The last member on this list comes in a small, stylish package. The Kamtron HD ticks all the necessary boxes for an average wireless security camera.
So, it provides a 720p HD quality video stream, along with the motion detection, night vision, two-way audio, mobile device app and a microSD card slot that supports card capacity up to 64 GB.
The lens has a fairly narrow (especially compared to other members of this list) field of view of 62o, and with a price tag of around $65, it is hard to justify it over the TENVIS, YI, Veezon, or VSTARCAM cameras.
Features and Specifications:
Fast and Easy Set Up – Sets up easily to have live streaming access in the app of your smartphone, tablet or PC. Live streaming is also possible through internet browsers.
Audio and Video – This camera provides 1280*720 high definition video streaming. It also comes with a two-way audio system. View, listen and talk remotely and be in touch with everything that goes on in your home wherever you are. Camera includes a two-way audio system.
Convenient Operation – This camera provides real-time remote monitoring of your home through your Android and or iOS mobile devices. You can even control the pan and tilt of the camera remotely. Infrared LED makes Night Vision clear. Real-time motion detection alert notifications, screenshots and video recording via APP push alerts.
Storage Options – Local storage of videos and snapshots possible through the micro SD slot of the camera of up to 64 GB.
✓ Easy mobile device set up
✓ Includes a single Super IR LED for Night Vision
✓ Wide viewing angle can cover almost your entire home
✗ Some users find it a challenge to configure WiFi connections
Making an Informed Decision
First things first. Why do you need a security camera? Do not think of that as a funny question because wireless security cameras serve two purposes. Most people purchase a security camera so they can be alerted when someone breaks into their homes. WiFi security cameras come with alert/notification features. Some give importance to being able to monitor their kids and even pets while they are not home. Most WiFi security cameras come with a two-way audio system.
Buyers may have one or both of the reasons mentioned but the fact remains there now is a huge demand for wireless security cameras. Most wireless security cameras have more or less the same basic features. They detect motion, they record the motion and send you notifications. The difference lies in the performance of these features.
Here are some of the features you need to look for before choosing the best wireless security camera for your home.
Lens – Lens quality will dictate the quality of video captured by the security camera. The focal length of the lens is equivalent to its field of view (quantified in degree angles). The Aperture (quantified in numbers) on the other hand is the depth and sensitivity of light of the lens. Determine the area you want to monitor and choose the right lens. The smaller the number of Apertures, the higher the lens’ sensitivity to light.
Battery Back-up – Intelligent burglars disable your home’s electricity before making a forced entry and of course power outrages do happen. It is best to have a battery back-up option for continuous monitoring. Remember, burglars, strike in the dark.
Two Way Audio System – Although the main concept of a security camera is visual monitoring, an audio feature will allow a more thorough security for your home. Imagine the surprise of a burglar when he hears your voice suddenly filling the room. An audio system (mic and speaker) can also allow you to hear and talk to your kids through the camera. Although your security system is battery powered or has battery back-up, speakers often connect to a power outlet.
Video Resolution – A security camera is useless if you do not get clear, much less distorted images. A security camera with a resolution of 720p high definition or full high definition 1080p is your best options. It is worth noting that the higher the camera’s resolution, the more battery and WiFi bandwidth the security camera consumes.
Viewing Angle – Of course, you want a wide angle view from your security camera. The more you see, the more peace of mind you have when you are not home. Most security cameras have a field of view in the range of give and take 1300. Choose a wide angled security camera carefully as it may cause the edges to be distorted. No need to worry much though because as long as the majority of the video is clear.
Motion Detection – This is one of the major reasons most homeowners install security cameras. They want to have real-time information when something out of the ordinary happens. Value for money security cameras will always have built-in sensors that are sensitive enough to detect motion and automatically records the motion. Some security cameras have additional features such as being able to limit motion detection range and lower the sensitivity of the sensor. This prevents false alarm notifications.
Alerts / Notifications – This is also an important feature the security camera you choose should have. Getting push notifications through the camera’s app or through email allows you to monitor your home for any unusual motion without having to stare at your smartphone tablet or PC the entire day. Some cameras send notifications with snapshots or short video clips of the motion detected.
Night Vision – While it is important to monitor your home during the day when you are somewhere else, night monitoring is also important. Most cameras feature Night Vision with the use of the infrared technology. Night vision gets to work too during low light environments even during the day.
Remote Connectivity – Most people these days rely on mobile devices. This is exactly the reason live video streaming of most security cameras can be accessed through smartphones and tablets. Choose a security camera that works with either an Android or iOS smartphone, a tablet and of course a PC. Mobile devices access security cameras via an app and PCs through browsers.
Storage Options – Capacity to record and playback are important as well. Most security cameras rely on the cloud for storage. Some come with a free limited subscription or you may opt for a more feature packed paid monthly cloud subscription. Local storage through built-In micro SD slots is available in some cameras. These slots support from between 16 – 64 GB cards. Cloud storage is more reliable though as they cannot be disengaged by even an intelligent burglar.
Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) – Most cameras have these features and although they are important, they are seldom used. There are security cameras whose pan/tilt and zoom options can be remotely controlled.
Range of Wireless Connection – Being able to move around the security camera is one of the major selling points of the wireless type. A good wireless camera should be able to have WiFi connectivity even if placed far from router especially in huge homes.
Security for Security Cameras – While these cameras serve as a security system, they too have to be secured from hackers. There are unscrupulous people who hack home security cameras to spy on residents. Be sure to check the hacking security measures the security camera has. Safety measures should include support for the newest versions of wireless security protocols (WPA2.) Make sure all transmissions through the internet are encrypted (e.g. username and password and live stream videos).
Wireless security cameras for the home are important if you want to have peace of mind while you are at work or somewhere else. It is tremendously popular these days as there are a lot of models that are extremely affordable yet reliable and come with high-end features.
Although home security cameras are not an assurance that burglars may not barge into your home, you somehow have the feeling of security that you are on top of everything happening in your home because you not only get alerts of anything unusual but they are recorded, too.
While there are intelligent burglars that know how to work around security cameras, there are those that forego of their robbery plans with the mere sight of a security camera. They are aware that the recordings can be forwarded to the nearest security or police stations who can immediately respond to these situations.
If you are at work or somewhere else, you remain in constant communication with your kids and know what they are doing at any time of the day when you have a security camera at home. With the two-way audio systems a lot of are equipped with, communication becomes a breeze.
Wireless security cameras are the best types of security systems for the home. They are easy to set up and they are not limited to specific locations as compared to their wired counterparts.